WRGPT signups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• woot!!
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• yeesh... just limped my way to a BB special $20k pot.

I start in the BB with 62k. I'm big stack at the table, but not particularly big.

400/800 with 100 ante. fold/fold/fold/Raise to 3900 total/fold/Call/Fold/Call/SB Calls/I Call the extra $3000 with 9-10 off thinking if I hit something, great otherwise I fold.
      Flop comes: Qh 4c Kd.

Great, I've got a gut shot, but I'm not calling any decent raise this far out of position. But it's checked all around.

Turn 10s.

Great, now I've got a pair, but I imagine my gut shot isn't good anymore. at least one of these guys has an A and makes the nut straight if a J comes. My 9 is probably bad too. I think about betting, but with the pot at 20k already, even a probe bet of 1/3 of the pot is a substantial bet, and I'm out of position and likely to get called by someone with a Q or the straight draw. So I check again thinking I'm out if anyone bets. I've got 2 outs now with either of the other two 10s.

Checked all around

River 5c

I consider betting again, but I figure if someone has something I'm getting called by a Q or if someone is trapping, and if no one has anything, I'm not getting called. I ruminate on if I call a bet or not, but for now I check.

Checks all around.
      Hand over, current board is: Qh 4c Kd 10s 5c
      ! latenightgator has: Ac 9c
      ! khudwrx03 has: Js 8c
      ! heyelander has: 9s 10h
      ! Per Starback has: Ad 9d
      ! caveman has: As 7s
      ! heyelander wins $20000 (net $16100) with One Pair (10 10 K Q 9)

That's a nice 16000 pot for nothing there.
      Last edited by heyelander; 12-21-2012, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• You have to love pot odd calls.....
        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
        Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
          You have to love pot odd calls.....
          I made Piney's chip total by checking three bets.

Comment

• and I again get no cards....
            It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

and I again get no cards....
              Sounds like you have a legitimate gripe with the dealer. Dealer abuse is acceptable in such circumstances.

Comment

• Wow... Weird. I'm small blind and I'm dealt 99. The small Stack at the table makes a min raise and gets 4 callers. Flop comes Qd 9h 7h.the small stack goes all in for 7500 and I'm thinking sweet! There's a fold and then the next guy goes all in for 30k! I'm sitting with 80k. Am i really suppose to believe this guy has the 1 hand that beats me right now? Seems like an isolation move and i should call no?

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  Wow... Weird. I'm small blind and I'm dealt 99. The small Stack at the table makes a min raise and gets 4 callers. Flop comes Qd 9h 7h.the small stack goes all in for 7500 and I'm thinking sweet! There's a fold and then the next guy goes all in for 30k! I'm sitting with 80k. Am i really suppose to believe this guy has the 1 hand that beats me right now? Seems like an isolation move and i should call no?
                  Absolutely.

ETA: This is actually very similar to a situation I was in awhile back in an MTT. Unfortunately I was your opponent and I was sitting with trip 7s. It was the final table and I was one of the big stacks but unfortunately my opponent was the chip leader and snap-called with his trip 9s. Still smarts.
                  Last edited by DMT; 12-23-2012, 11:46 AM.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Small stack bet his ace high, and the other dude tried to isolate with KQ. neither had a flash draw and I'm up to 120k

Comment

• and I folded again!

Comment

• my table hasn't moved in 2 days
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                          my table hasn't moved in 2 days
                          xmas break. Not surprised. Most tables will be shutting down till after the break soon.

So far we are on hand 5.
                          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• For Christmas I get K5 off... fold.

Comment

For Christmas I get K5 off... fold.
                              Merry Christmas ... hard to go broke with K5o

Comment

• true - I would like a hand to play though. Stagnant at 35k here and need to get a hand here soon or the blinds and antes are going to start eating me up.

Comment

Working...
                                X