No announcement yet.

WRGPT signups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bet $2000 and the button (big stack) folded. I'm not very afraid of the other two.

What are your thoughts on the button play? On a flop that should be obvious air, how good of a play is it for him to raise me? I've made continuation bets two hands in a row (I had decent cards, but nothing made) and he's folded both times. I keep thinking that if he comes over the top I'm going to have to fold. Of course I know what I have and he doesn't, so it's an easier scenario for me to play out. I guess I've got a somewhat tight image at the table so far though.

Also probably easier to make that raise when there aren't two checkers to act following him.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• So my guys both folded and I took down a nice little pot.

I guess I would say on a flop that is air, a continuation bet is usually good. As long as you are willing to let go if you get played back at.
      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        I bet $2000 and the button (big stack) folded. I'm not very afraid of the other two.

What are your thoughts on the button play? On a flop that should be obvious air, how good of a play is it for him to raise me? I've made continuation bets two hands in a row (I had decent cards, but nothing made) and he's folded both times. I keep thinking that if he comes over the top I'm going to have to fold. Of course I know what I have and he doesn't, so it's an easier scenario for me to play out. I guess I've got a somewhat tight image at the table so far though.

Also probably easier to make that raise when there aren't two checkers to act following him.
        When he flatted preflop with a limper and raiser, I think the odds of him making a play from the button were very slim. That is not he kind of preflop play I'd expect from a guy capable of 3-betting air on the flop because he thinks you are c-betting light.

There is a chance a player could speculate with a good multi-pot hand like 78s, missed the flop, then decided to make a play when he sees he only has your c-bet in the way ... but in a game like this, for the most part, what you see is what you get. Reading too much into lower limit tourney poker is normally an error. Even bluffs are normally obvious desperation bets late on in the hand to try and win a pot after a missed draw.

Comment

• The only preflop 3 bets I've seen at my table have been with pocket pairs. I had pocket 6s that I limped with, someone raised, there was a reraise from a guy who showed pocket 9s and then an all-in from someone who showed pocket Js. Everyone folded to the all-in. Otherwise, it's been a single raise with 1 or 2 callers.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• SongMok last years winner takes the chip lead at our table when he flops a set and another guy made 2 pair....
            It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
              SongMok last years winner takes the chip lead at our table when he flops a set and another guy made 2 pair....
              That'll do it

Set over set on a dry board is more fun ... or pain

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                SongMok last years winner takes the chip lead at our table when he flops a set and another guy made 2 pair....
                what does Song have for chips?
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• He is just under 70k

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    Here's a good one. I'm at 18,475 and sitting two spots before the button. Blinds are 200/400. I've got a raise to 1000 and a re-raise to 1600.

I just got dealt pocket queens.

Thoughts? All in time?
                    Yep, isolate now
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Raise enough to get the OR out ... that will narrow the range of the re-raiser when he acts. 4-4500 seems like a good amount to me.

Depends on your table of course ...

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                        Original raiser has over 60k. The re-raiser has about the exact same stack as me. The pot currently sits a little over $4000, including the antes.

I'm just not sure that $4k is enough....
                        Possibly not if the OR doesn't like folding ... but any more and you're getting close to stack committed. 4K allows you to get away from the hand if an Ace flops ... you could maybe bet 6K and still get away from it.

I'd want to commit my stack with this hand as long as an Ace doesn't flop ... so I'd want to raise enough to get preflop action, and enough to scare it off. I'd raise 4K, then a 4K c-bet if I'm heads up (even if the ace falls) meaning I still have about 13K left behind if I have to give it up.

... and if I lose ... no more emails! Win-win.

Comment

• I think there's a good chance you'll get called with an inferior hand because you're all-in with your stack could be perceived as weakness. Jam!
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            I think there's a good chance you'll get called with an inferior hand because you're all-in with your stack could be perceived as weakness. Jam!
                            If I had AQ or AK in that range I'd think about shoving ... but with QQ I want action, and even with 2 callers I am still odds on to get a favourable flop ...
                            Last edited by johnnya24; 12-15-2012, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                              If I had AQ or AK in that range I'd think about shoving ... but with QQ, even with 2 callers I am still odds on to get a favourable flop ...
                              I would rather face 1 opponent for $18K than 2 opponents for $8K. It's very unlikely that they would both hit the flop so chances are that only an extra $4K could be gained by just raising that amount. Of course as you said it does still give him the opportunity to fold if an ace flops but a $13K stack at this point is going to be very difficult to win with anyways. I'm not saying it's a slam-dunk but if it were me I'd jam.

ETA: FWIW I haven't played this in 2 years because I just got bored with the pace so perhaps johnny's advice is the more sensible play.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                                I would rather face 1 opponent for $18K than 2 opponents for $8K. It's very unlikely that they would both hit the flop so chances are that only an extra $4K could be gained by just raising that amount. Of course as you said it does still give him the opportunity to fold if an ace flops but a $13K stack at this point is going to be very difficult to win with anyways. I'm not saying it's a slam-dunk but if it were me I'd jam.

ETA: FWIW I haven't played this in 2 years because I just got bored with the pace so perhaps johnny's advice is the more sensible play.
                                I think shoving in freeroll tourney like this is probably an OK play ... people often player loose and fast. But I hate waiting for a big hand, getting it, then overplaying it and getting no action. A standard raise won't guarantee action, but it will give a better chance. Plus if I get 2 callers, and an Ace hits, I can still get away cheap and survive.

I want to get HU of course, but with QQ I don't really care if I get 2 callers ... a friendly flop means I could easily treble up ... or 2.5x up. Best case I'm up against an under pair and an Ace ... a low flop comes, and I trap the underpair and force out the Ace high.

Comment

Working...
                                X