Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
    Johnny -
    I appreciate your point of view and enjoy these conversations. I do see the case for the check, just exploring other options too.
    With different stack sizes there are quite a few more options. With medium stack where a shove would be an overbet, then a small apprehensive feeler-bet could be a good option ... setting the bet size to make a shove on the river a ~pot sized bet. With very deep stacks, everything is in play. Though I'd still check in any circumstance. Disguising the strength of your hand is crucial to getting paid off in NLHE.

Comment

• Yeah, I usually do whatever I'm going to do before I post. I'm just curious to see other people's thoughts on what I could/should have done.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I made a real bone head move here. Middle position and limped with 22... So far everyone behind has folded. I type the call this morning when I woke up and now I wish I had either folded or raised....
        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
        Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Well I managed to make $2k after calling a raise with my dueces. Flop was all low cards rainbow, so I led out for half the pot and the raiser folded.
          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
            3 other callers so 4 of us in the pot.

Flop comes 2h4d3d. I have AJ of spades. Caller in small blind just checked to me. I have a little over half the starting amount of chips (16k, started with 30).

What do you think?
            Might be worth a stab, but it's gonna be hard to bet and force 3 to fold ... personally i'd preserve my stack and look for a better spot. If I can save 3K now ... if I double up twice, that is worth 12K. They might give you a free card to spike top pair.

Heads up or three handed with only one player in position I'd be trying to take the pot down every time ... 4-handed ... with I guess at least 2 people in position ... it's gonna be hard.

Comment

After I checked we had a raise and a reraise that would have put me all in. The check-fold was the right move but, like I said, nickeled and dimed to death.
              ... and you can't really "make something happen" in a tourney like this when you raise and 4 people call. Maybe raise and re-raise bigger to try and isolate 1 caller ... although with a small stack that's going to be a high risk strategy.

Comment

After I checked we had a raise and a reraise that would have put me all in. The check-fold was the right move but, like I said, nickeled and dimed to death.
                I've been having the same thing. The big stack at our table has been a real bully and anytime he's been challenged he's raised people all-in. I've never had a nad close enough to even think about calling him or anyone, until today.

I had A-10 offsuit in early position. I raised $800 preflop with hopes of clearing out some competition. Had two callers and the flop came 10-4-4. BB checked and I bet out $2000. Third guy folded and the BB raised me all-in. At this point with only $15K, I decided to JAM. Caught another 4 and he had Q-J offsuit. I doubled up and I'm at a loss as to why he decided to push me all in.

I'm up to $36K, so I feel like I have a little bit of a fighting chance now.
                "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• I am dealt AK off in the SB. Waiting to see what happens.

Comment

• Oh well, there were 2 callers to a raise prior to my call. Three diamonds hit the flop, I checked someone went all-in. We all folded - on to the next hand....

Comment

• We have one guy at our table that has been on vacation basically the entire time. He has played a total of 1 hand - where he raised preflop and called an All-In. All IN was KK and doubled up. Now he will occassionally come off vacation, and wait forever to fold....

Comment

• vacations have to blind, right?

Comment

• I have AQ off in one off the button (8 players). Guy before me limps, I raised to 1250 (200,400 blinds with 50 ante) Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, limper calls.

Flop comes: Board: 2c 6s 7d
                          If it checks around to me, do I bet or no? If it were one guy I would bet, but what do I do with 3? Seems like I should throw out 2k into an 5.6k pot just to get rid of a couple of guys, no?

Then again... I've got the second biggest stack at the table, but the big stack sits right after me, on the button. I keep thinking this guy is going to repop me on one of these obvious continuation bets (I'm the original raiser here, I obviously didn't hit any of that, although maybe I've got a pocket pair or something). If he re-raises me I've gotta fold, so I'm not sure if the bet is worth it or not.
                          Last edited by heyelander; 12-11-2012, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            I have AQ off in one off the button (8 players). Guy before me limps, I raised to 1250 (200,400 blinds with 50 ante) Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, limper calls.

Flop comes: Board: 2c 6s 7d
                            If it checks around to me, do I bet or no? If it were one guy I would bet, but what do I do with 3? Seems like I should throw out 2k into an 5.6k pot just to get rid of a couple of guys, no?
                            Could have raised a bit more preflop in order to keep the blinds out ... 1600-1700 ... try and isolate the limper. Maybe even over-raise in this format ... 2000-2300.

It's a pretty dry board ... I'd expect a c-bet to work maybe 1 in 8 times in that spot ... but maybe you can get heads-up and steal the pot on a later street? 2K would seem like a reasonable stab IMO as long as you can afford it.

Comment

• 1250 has been the static raise at this table so far... I just used it because right now it doesn't represent any kind of hand strength and has been decent at getting the blinds to fold. My table is pretty tight. I got a walk in my BB.

Comment

• Interesting. Im somewhat in the same sitch here. I am one off the button and am dealt K9 off. Figured I may be able to pick up the blinds here. So I made the standard raise to $1200. 200/400 blinds. Button called and BB called. Boards is 2s 3h 7h. BB checked to me.

I have decided that I would make a half the pot bet...... now to see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X