GOP Convention Rules!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
    Yep brainwashing and programs that give free stuff for doing nothing.
    I always like to tell people that I don't believe that there are many Americans so stupid to truly believe this kind of rhetoric... which puts you in a minority group. You do appear to be brainwashed... hmm....
    "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Preach on sister!

Comment

Of course i'm racist i'm not a liberal. Brb i have to go iron my clansman hood.

Comment

Only whites support Romney. Got it.

Comment

Only whites support Romney. Got it.
            No, only idiots...get it right.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              No, you're racist because you're attributing voting patterns of minorities to being "brainwashed" or wanting free handouts. You're not attributing those same characteristics to whites. Usually you're just a vapid moron but now you're entering right into racist territory.

My wife is of Mexican descent and votes Democrat (mostly). Is she brainwashed? Does she just want free stuff for doing nothing?

Let's be extremely clear here: Minorities know what they're doing just as much as whites do. They vote for the party they believe best represents the things they care about and their interests. They are not lesser beings and do not have to be brainwashed to vote any way they see fit. I wouldn't have thought that needed saying but I guess for some people it does.
              Did you hurt yourself jumping from point A to point C? You left out the stuff in the middle.

Comment

Did you hurt yourself jumping from point A to point C? You left out the stuff in the middle.
                Stuff in the middle is white too. OreO
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Oreos are awesome! I should know I weigh 900 pounds.

Comment

Oreos are awesome! I should know I weigh 900 pounds.
                    Double Stuff.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

BTW Isn't the former President, GW supposed to be at the convention? Maybe he'll show up at the end to take his Debt Clock back.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Yeah, that's not helping...
                        If your intent it to change or convince RR, you might as well piss in the wind--it's more effective. We know what you're saying and he's trolling you. If he goes too far (which he has and is coming close) he'll get a vacation. and BTW, I'm on your side brutha.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Minorities vote overwhelmingly against Republicans for a reason.
                          So are you saying the Republican Minorities that are going to speak are somehow flawed as evidenced by their politcal choice?

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                            Lying AGAIN about the auto plant that closed under Bush and blaming it on Obama? Pathetic
                            Huh? As a person who lived in Janesville for just about ten years and still has many friends there, Ryan's statement is correct. The plant was shuttered in April/May, 2009. GM had announced the plant would shut in 2008 (about August, if I remember right), and had moved one line of trucks out by the end of the year. But the plant was still cranking out Yukons and Suburbans until it closed mid-Spring, 2009.

Obama definitely campaigned there, and committed to assisting the plant in retooling for fuel-efficient vehicles; I can't remember if it was the Volt or some other car line.

Now, the irony in all of this, is that Janesville's plant was one of GM's most efficient plants in the mid-90s with cutting edge robotics and very advanced control systems. In the '96-97 timeframe, GM offered the new car lines - the first of GM's updated cars with improved fuel efficiency - to the Janesville plant. The workers turned it down since those cars made lower margins and would reduce their bonuses.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              So if you were running their campaign, what would be your play here?
                              I think it is fine to have a good number of minorities at the podium. I just wish they had more minorities as delegates.

Comment

No, I am not saying that nor should it be inferred from my statement (which was, I believe, nowhere near anything that could be construed that way).
                                Yeah Gregg! Only eldiablo is allowed to infer crazy conclusions in absolute terms.

Comment

Working...
                                X