• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a kid...he's no Colossus,

[billbuckner]

Otter genocide plans on hold...FOR NOW! Mwuahahaha

[/BillBuckner]
    I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
      The link is back up, but the OP is slightly misleading. I was worried about a drone crashing into my roof. Now I know that so long as I stay out of terrorist hot spots like Pakistan, and don't ally myself with known Al Qaeda terrorists, I can get back to worrying about the feral hog threat.

I hate it when the Democrats get militaristic. But, at least they are good at it, or at least better than the Republicans, who seem to see armed conflict as a money-making opportunity for their friends and loved ones.
      Curious what makes you believe the Democrats are significantly better at war than the Republicans ? It seems to be they are essentially equal in getting us into pointless wars and wasting our money and soldiers lives.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        Curious what makes you believe the Democrats are significantly better at war than the Republicans ? It seems to be they are essentially equal in getting us into pointless wars and wasting our money and soldiers lives.
        Agreed
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Both are responsible for wasting our money and our soldiers' lives, I agree. And I'm sure a lot of Dems have made money from armed conflicts over the past 30 years. But I think Halliburton is the only answer to who came out the big winner.

Comment

that FDR guy kind of skews the curve though...
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
              that FDR guy kind of skews the curve though...
              War fighter Hall of Exceelence and 1st round in the Vintage Draft for sure

Actually a "Tyrants, Dictators, and Warriors" draft might be pretty interesting
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

But I think Halliburton is the only answer to who came out the big winner.
                There's the answer, right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  Jeez, I can't believe I'm posting in this thread, BUT didn't George Bush have a deck of cards that depicted what was essentially his "kill list". I love how if one administration does something, it's fine, but if the other party does the same thing, it's the worst thing ever. And I think this goes for both parties, FWIW. Politics disgusts me more and more.
                  Apparently Obama's got the cards too

George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Apparently Obama's got the cards too

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...with-one-drone
                    I can't open the link. What's the source for that information?

Comment

I can't open the link. What's the source for that information?
                      Google "Colbert - Two Birds With One Drone"

Actually not sure if it is accurate, but it is pretty funny -- the NYT story said they used powerpoint if I recall
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Here's an exceelent article about government secrecy, whistleblowing, leaking, etc. I just don't understand why there is so little concern about the direction the U.S. is headed regarding perpetual war, secrecy, etc. At least we are safe !

http://www.salon.com/2012/06/12/leaking_war/

Here is the simple reality of our moment: the president has definitively declared himself (and his advisors and those who carry out his orders) above the law, both statutory and moral. It is now for him and him alone to decide who will live and who will die under the drones, for him to reward media outlets with inside information or smack journalists who disturb him and his colleagues with subpoenas, and worst of all, to decide all by himself what is right and what is wrong.
                        The image Obama holds of himself, and the one his people have beenaggressively promoting recently is of a righteous killer, ready to bloody his hands to smite “terrorists” and whistleblowers equally. If that sounds Biblical, it should. If it sounds full of unnerving pride, it should as well. If this is where a nation of laws ends up, you should be afraid.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                        X