DO NOT KILL list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DO NOT KILL list

This is what makes us a great country, you couldn't sign up for a something like this in Russia or Nazi Germany

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petition...-list/HwqFwRtG

we petition the obama administration to:
    Create a Do Not Kill List

The New York Times reports that President Obama has created an official “kill list” that he uses to personally order the assassination of American citizens. Considering that the government already has a “Do Not Call” list and a “No Fly” list, we hereby request that the White House create a “Do Not Kill” list in which American citizens can sign up to avoid being put on the president’s “kill list” and therefore avoid being executed without indictment, judge, jury, trial or due process of law.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

You mean you're not already on the no-kill list with us? Good luck, buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
      You mean you're not already on the no-kill list with us? Good luck, buddy.
      I knew that Falafel stand looked dodgy, it's my own fault dammit.
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Jeez, I can't believe I'm posting in this thread, BUT didn't George Bush have a deck of cards that depicted what was essentially his "kill list". I love how if one administration does something, it's fine, but if the other party does the same thing, it's the worst thing ever. And I think this goes for both parties, FWIW. Politics disgusts me more and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          Jeez, I can't believe I'm posting in this thread, BUT didn't George Bush have a deck of cards that depicted what was essentially his "kill list". I love how if one administration does something, it's fine, but if the other party does the same thing, it's the worst thing ever. And I think this goes for both parties, FWIW. Politics disgusts me more and more.
          I think the first point is that Bush's deck of cards didn't include any Americans (as far as I know). This petition was created by someone, presumably an American, who doesn't like the fact that Americans are being targeted without due process. For all I know George Bush could have done the same thing, but didn't publicize it. Also, I really don't think this is much of a political issue, there is a strong consensus among Republicans and Democrats alike that killing anyone who our military/intelligence/President says is a terrorist is a good thing. I think it's just the fringe elements of both parties that object to what is going on. Just my two cents.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Please disregard any and all of my posts in this thread. I obviously don't know enough about this to comment. My original post did not take into account that American citizens were on the list. About the only thing I'm sure of at the moment is that I sure as hell wouldn't want to be President. (or to be on someone's Kill List)
            Last edited by ; 05-31-2012, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              Yes, in this Brave New World, you're on the fringe if you object to unilateral termination of American citizens without due process. "Trust us, they're all terrorists on that list."
              I've said it before, the fringes on both sides have a lot more in common than either group would care to admit.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Btw, the link has been taken down for 'maintenance'.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Please disregard any and all of my posts in this thread. I obviously don't know enough about this to comment. My original post did not take into account that American citizens were on the list. About the only thing I'm sure of at the moment is that I sure as hell wouldn't want to be President. (or to be on someone's Kill List)
                  Too late...

signed,

BillBuckner
                  I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                  You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                  "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                  It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
                    Too late...

signed,

BillBuckner
                    Hats for everyone!
                    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

The link is back up, but the OP is slightly misleading. I was worried about a drone crashing into my roof. Now I know that so long as I stay out of terrorist hot spots like Pakistan, and don't ally myself with known Al Qaeda terrorists, I can get back to worrying about the feral hog threat.

I hate it when the Democrats get militaristic. But, at least they are good at it, or at least better than the Republicans, who seem to see armed conflict as a money-making opportunity for their friends and loved ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                        The link is back up, but the OP is slightly misleading. I was worried about a drone crashing into my roof. Now I know that so long as I stay out of terrorist hot spots like Pakistan, and don't ally myself with known Al Qaeda terrorists, I can get back to worrying about the feral hog threat.

I hate it when the Democrats get militaristic. But, at least they are good at it, or at least better than the Republicans, who seem to see armed conflict as a money-making opportunity for their friends and loved ones.
                        I'm no Republican, but I'll hazard a guess that armed conflict has benefited many a Democrat pol's friends and loved ones.

That said, I've really appreciated a four year break from the chaos the last White House was brashly throwing out on a daily basis. More than anything, I just can't get over that they let Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz start a war.
                        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
                          Too late...

signed,

BillBuckner

whatever happened to that guy?

Comment

whatever happened to that guy?
                            killed by the government for spraypainting penis graffiti in building lobbies
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

yeah. where did billy go?
                              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                              X