The INDEFENSIBLE Defense of Marriage Act

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
    Because the Confederate states are a bunch of illiterate cousin f@ckers. So it's in the blood. ;-)
    He included a wink so IMO this was clearly an attempt at absurdist humor as B-Fly said rather than an attempt to brand an entire section of the country as incestuous. Besides, I think it should be obvious that there is a an Grand Canyon-esque divide between a joke on a message board and organized attempts by social and political organizations to codify bigotry and discrimination into law. Wouldn't you agree?
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
      I appreciate that Bob, GITH and you stepped up to say you'd join me protest. ElD, DMT any others want to sign on?

Dairy Queen after the protest, and I'll even buy. And yes, you can get the large Blizzard.
      As long as the protests are happening during the summer, count me in too. DQ Blizzard? Yum. Minnesota blizzard? Not a chance in hell.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Comments like this make you no better than the bigot you're calling out.
        Well that's the first time I've been called a bigot haha. Jason is my friend. Jason hates Florida sometimes. Florida is located in the south. Hence my joke about the south. Hell I called them the Confederate states lol and have a winkie. It's also a bit of left coast state arrogance.

But I apologize for offend. It was not my intent. :-)

Edit: B-Fly and DMT said it better than I could have. It's like when my white friend jaywalks and I tell him it's okay because white people have more rights and he replies that's because I eat dog. Though I would certainly never use the N-word with one of my black friends. But have I called my gay brother -- whom I adore -- a butt pirate? Yep. But like Fly said, context and the depth of one's relationship is important.

P.S. I'm not a lefty. Sometimes I'm a right. Certainly on defense issues. I'm also fiscally conservative.

Oh and I don't have a narrow view of Christianity. Baptized Catholic, then evangelical, then attended a Southern Baptist Convetion church, now I attend a non-denominational Pentecostal on my campus. I read my bible every morning and not selected passages but from OT to NT.

But your view that people have a narrow view of Christianity makes you sound overly sensitive. On the issue of gay marriage and abortion, the majority belief rooted in "Biblical" teaching is clearly and unequivocally anti.
        Last edited by JudeBaldo; 05-10-2012, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by moonlight j View Post
          simple fix

lmfao.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

But I apologize for offend.
            LOL. Asians talk funny.

Comment

• First off, I thought Jude was Gay... Second--I'd tap my cousin if she were hot.

ITC, Jude has never responded that way in a serious manner in the entire time he's been on this board, that plus the winky smiley told me he was just trying to lighten the situation with some humor. If I'd thought for a second he was serious, I'd have called him out. Hell, I've been trying to get him out ever since he joined RJ!
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Do any of the other folks on Jude's side of this argument agree with me?

I've taken the barbs of being called a bigot here for my view on homosexual activity. I don't agree that I'm a bigot, but this statement from one of the lefty in the group goes unchallenged by the ElD, Moonlight J, et.al. Perhaps you're brand of hate is no different, just on a group of people that you don't understand.

You're ignorance is no different than mine, just viewed on a different subset of society.

Don't be blind to it.
                I'm against racism, bigotry and ignorance in all its forms, and particularly when it is state sanctioned. Unfortunately for the South, it has the majority of state sanctioned bigotry, both in the past and present.
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                  LOL. Asians talk funny.
                  Dammit! I fat fingered my iPhone 4S. But looking at my post, I now made myself sound like a fundy lol. This board is giving me an identity crisis lol.

What was the image that Jason posted?

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                    The Bigot Card is a wholly owned franchise of the Democratic Party and its affiliates. Any use without the prior written consent of George Soros or the DNC is prohibited.

J
                    I know you are, but what am I?
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                      I know you are, but what am I?
                      You're rubber, I'm Glue?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Brian, I don't think people understand that their very narrow view of evangelical Christians is just as wrong as many evangelical Christians views about homosexuals. Yet no one calls people out for their harsh words regarding the whole subset. Those comments are just as bigoted.
                        My view of evangelical Christians is almost completely driven by the members of RJ, in it's early and current forms. Living in San Francisco, I don't encounter the level of homophobia and disbelief of basic science that I see here.

Comment

I read my bible every morning and not selected passages but from OT to NT.
                          The whole thing? Every morning? When do you tend to your lineup in your daily leagues?

Comment

The whole thing? Every morning? When do you tend to your lineup in your daily leagues?
                            He has faith that what he has is enough..............

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Probably when he gets to the part about the Urim and Thummim in Exodus.
                              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Haha typically my teams need a lot of prayer. :-)

Remind me again to not type long diatribes on my phone haha. What I meant was that I read a scripture a day, starting from Genesis. Whenever I finish I start all over. I'll readily admit that that there are times when I want to skip whole books but I never do.

Comment

Working...
                                X