Hunger Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
    It's possible that The Long Walk is my favorite Stephen King book of all-time. It's definitely top three along with Gerald's Game and The Stand (honorable mention goes to Eyes of the Dragon).
    Wow, I also love 'Gerald's Game' and I think you're the 1st person I've ever heard say the same. 'The Stand' was epic as well. Have you read 'The Jaunt'? That's another favorite.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

"The Stand" is epic, in particular the 1100 page version, "Salem's Lot" is great too. I also like the "Dark Tower" series, although I haven't read the last 2 (of 7)
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Don't get what all the fuss is about. Mediocre.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
          Your taste in movies is as good as your taste in music!
          Apart from lead actress, pretty much everything else was flawed. And it looked cheap as well.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            Looked great, solid performances by the various kids, and super true to the very good book. Not the best movie of all time, to be sure, but a really awesome and entertaining flick.
            The music pretty much announced everything before it happened. I found that really irritating. Some of the sub-characters were interesting ... but a bit too much 5th Element for my liking. I went with much higher expectations ... I guess the let down is greater when you expect more.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              Don't get what all the fuss is about. Mediocre.
              "Let them eat cake..." and all that, right?
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                I don't wanna rain on anyone's parade, because there seem to be a lot of fans around, but I thought it was really badly executed. I get the feeling they tried to squeeze too much in. Jennifer Lawrence made it watchable.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                  She keeps Moet et Chandon
                  In her pretty cabinet
                  'Let them eat cake' she says
                  Just like Mary Antoinette
                  A built-in remedy
                  For Kruschev and Kennedy
                  At anytime an invitation
                  You can't decline

Caviar and cigarettes
                  Well versed in etiquette
                  Extraordinarily nice

[CHORUS:]
                  She's a Killer Queen
                  Gunpowder, guillotine
                  Dynamite with a laser beam
                  Guaranteed to blow your mind

Killer Queen: Freddie Mercury

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                  X