No announcement yet.

"Game of Thrones" Season 2 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I must admit the nose is unmistakable.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      HBO apologized Wednesday amid outrage that "Game of Thrones" features former President George W. Bush's severed head impaled on a spike.

In commentary for the DVD of the first season, one of the writers admits that the Republican's likeness "appears in a couple of beheading scenes" but insisted no one is playing politics.

"We just had to use whatever head we had around," the writer says without explaining where the prop came from.

The presidential noggin, topped with straggly hair, appears for a just a second in an episode of the fantasy series that aired last year, when spoiled child king Joffrey shows Sansa Stark a line of heads on spikes.

The mention of Bush's head went unnoticed until a Reddit user flagged it, bringing swift condemnation.
      http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1095149
      outside of one spokesman from a local gop chapter, who's outraged?

can you imagine a lannister or a stark offering a wussy apology like this? maybe a frey. what a bunch of vaginas at hbo.
      ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobain's Ghost View Post
        outside of one spokesman from a local gop chapter, who's outraged?

can you imagine a lannister or a stark offering a wussy apology like this? maybe a frey. what a bunch of vaginas at hbo.
        They got their hand caught in the cookie jar. And yes, Joffery would be at least this "wussy".

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• No, they should absolutely have apologized. I'm sure that this was the action of an idiot effects guys and not some grand political conspiracy by the producers, but they employ the idiots and put the product out under the names of the producers and the studio and aired it on HBO-- they're all guilty by association and were right to issue the apology.
          "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
            No, they should absolutely have apologized. I'm sure that this was the action of an idiot effects guys and not some grand political conspiracy by the producers, but they employ the idiots and put the product out under the names of the producers and the studio and aired it on HBO-- they're all guilty by association and were right to issue the apology.
            I thought you got a vacation?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve View Post
              I thought you got a vacation?
              Been back for almost a week, Steve.
              "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
                Been back for almost a week, Steve.
                wow, time flies.

I was just jokin'. I knew you were back.

Comment

• Was waiting line behind Arya and Sansa at the cinema today. Resisted the urge to say Valar Morghulis.

Comment

• Fans of the show should check out the cover story in most recent issue of The Economist; pretty clever analogy drawn between the behemoths striving for internet dominance and the Houses.

Concern about the clout of the internet giants is growing. But antitrust watchdogs should tread carefully
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                      Hey anyone know of a site where I can watch season 2 online? I am, ahem, not an HBO subscriber.
                      This is my go-to site for TV shows.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                        Hey anyone know of a site where I can watch season 2 online? I am, ahem, not an HBO subscriber.
                        http://eztv.it/ has everything

Comment

Working...
                        X