Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And then there's this.

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
    Having a Job is not a right. Having a job is means by which you engage in consensual transactions in order to earn money or obtain goods.

The idea that I exist therefore I should get things is just pure crap.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Hey Dude !

I was going to mention basic income before I had to run off to dinner. It seems like that or some type of food/housing allowance will have to be made at some point...maybe not in our lifetimes, but then again maybe. I've seen several links to articles about basic income but don't recall reading them. Might have to look into it.
      Isn't one of the European countries experimenting with this right now?

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
        Isn't one of the European countries experimenting with this right now?
        Looks like it was Finland, very small scale from what I saw.

Mark Cuban commenting about robots causing unemployment, and Bill Gates discussing taxing robots. Good to see the discussion starting. I'd not thought of the angle that robots replacing workers will lead to a decrease in government income due to there being no payroll tax.

Automation will lead to unemployment and the world needs to prepare for it, business mogul Mark Cuban urged on Monday.

---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        ---------------------------------------------
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
        X