No announcement yet.

Buying new phone...advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I recently bought Pages (a word processing app) and it is excellent. I can tether my Blue Tooth keyboard to my iPhone and type away without any issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      I am guessing age may make a difference here. I had been typing for a couple decades before I ever got a smartphone, and I never learned the two-thumb quick texting that many (mostly younger) people did.
      Hey!!...I picked up on the "old" shot lol

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      The gimmick wore off on me a bit. But it's still useful if you need to send a quick message and you can only use one hand. For instance, if you happened to be watching a 100m hurdles heat.
      When I had the old Samsung phone with the full keyboard (damn...I can't remember the name of that phone...maybe that "old" crack is accurate! lol) I used the two thumb system, but with this S3, you have to use one hand to hold it and Swype is definitely better than tap method. It took a few tries to get away from typing but Swype is way easier with one hand...
      I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
      You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
      "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
      It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Big fan of swipe
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• If the rumors about the iphone 5 are true, that its just a longer version of the same form factor they've been using for years, then I think I'll be getting a SG3 instead. Hopefully the rumors will all be wrong like last year because I'd like a 4.2" or 4.3" screen but not just longer, has to be wider also.
          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
            If the rumors about the iphone 5 are true, that its just a longer version of the same form factor they've been using for years, then I think I'll be getting a SG3 instead. Hopefully the rumors will all be wrong like last year because I'd like a 4.2" or 4.3" screen but not just longer, has to be wider also.
            When are the Apple rumours every right? Every year they fly about and almost every year they are miles off the mark

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              When are the Apple rumours every right? Every year they fly about and almost every year they are miles off the mark
              I'm surprised you didnt beat me over the head for not planning to get an iphone.
              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

I'm surprised you didnt beat me over the head for not planning to get an iphone.
                There have been rumours for years that they were going to produce a genuine widescreen form factor. Steve Jobs hated this though. I've heard 4" and 4.2" ... I wouldn't be surprised to see 4" and 4.5" ... if they released a 7" iPad as well ... they'd have every size on the market covered ... iPhone4 ---> iPad. That would be a very good move IMO. I can already see them all incrementally lined up in the iStore ... with the blue shirted vultures hovering around.

The one device every 2 years thing is not really competitive at the speed Android devices are evolving.

iPhone 4S - 3.5"
                iPhone 5a - 4"
                iPhone 5b - 4.5"

That would be a competitive strategy IMO.

Comment

• Sounds like Sept 12 will be the day the iPhone 5 will be revealed and will go on sale 9 days later. I'm excited! Please no Longphone!

Comment

Sounds like Sept 12 will be the day the iPhone 5 will be revealed and will go on sale 9 days later. I'm excited! Please no Longphone!
                    There hasn't been a whole lot of hype on the CSS feeds from the big tech sites. I think most are scared of getting screwed by fake rumors and Photoshops of prototypes again.

Comment

• I have no idea if this is a credible source or (most likely) just more rumors, but my friend who did his best to convince me to get an IPhone and seems to almost take it personally that I didn't, sent me this today.

ETA: the GS3 continues to amaze.
                      Last edited by DMT; 07-30-2012, 07:07 PM.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        I have no idea if this is a credible source or (most likely) just more rumors, but my friend who did his best to convince me to get an IPhone and seems to almost take it personally that I didn't, sent me this today.

ETA: the GS3 continues to amaze.
                        I pretty much agree with that article. But I figure I can wait 1.5 months to make sure and if the rumors are true then I'll move on the the GS3 most likely. The rumors last year were 100% wrong so there's hope.

Is it too much to ask for a form factor approaching the GS3 but running IOS?

Comment

I pretty much agree with that article. But I figure I can wait 1.5 months to make sure and if the rumors are true then I'll move on the the GS3 most likely. The rumors last year were 100% wrong so there's hope.

Is it too much to ask for a form factor approaching the GS3 but running IOS?
                          Dude ... Android 4.0 is excellent ... even if you have to use Samsung's Touchwiz (which some people really like). Apps are the same pretty much.

This could very well be a prototype ... I'm sure Apple have gone though dozens of prototypes ... they may even have leaked it themselves to get some feedback, or provide misinformation. Remember when an Apple employee "accidentally" left the iPhone4 in a bar before it's launch. I would be very surprised if that is the iPhone5. It's pretty plain, boring and plasticy looking, whereas the iPhone4 is a thing of beauty ... well ... delicate beauty

Comment

• Reminds me more of one of last years HTC's ... I hope they patented that design!

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                              I just saw an ad in the movie theater for a Samsung Whatchamacallit 3. Apparently if you have a picture on your Whatchamacallit and it's on your screen and you hold the phone up and touch it screen to screen with another Whatchamacallit, the other Whatchamacallit will magically get the picture transferred onto its screen as well.

Now that's pretty cool.
                              Indeed, it's so easy for my wife and I to share all the vids/pics of our daughter. As of now S-Beam only works with other GS3s but I think I read they're planning to expand it to other phones.
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• iphone 5?

Comment

Working...
                                X