Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    the different size takes a little bit of getting used to
    did have a little heft and felt solid in your hands.
    Zero productivity today as I played around with it...
    What is this thread about again?
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      What is this thread about again?
      I see you got that app as well.

Comment

• I went to my local Sprint store yesterday and played with the Galaxy S3. Very nice! If it were running IOS I'd already have one.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
          I went to my local Sprint store yesterday and played with the Galaxy S3. Very nice! If it were running IOS I'd already have one.
          I love antique OS's also ... I still have a ZX Spectrum in storage somewhere

Comment

• Amazon Said to Plan Smartphone to Vie With Apple iPhone

Amazon.com Inc. is developing a smartphone that would vie with Apple Inc.’s iPhone and handheld devices that run Google Inc.’s Android operating system, two people with knowledge of the matter said. Foxconn International Holdings Ltd., the Chinese mobile-phone maker, is working with Amazon on the device, said one of the people, who asked not to be identified because the plans are private. Amazon is seeking to complement the smartphone strategy by acquiring patents that cover wireless technology and would help it defend against allegations of infringement, other people with knowledge of the matter said.

Comment

• I just got rid of my Blackberry and moved to the Nokia Limuna 900.... So far I really like it - though its only been 4 days. The screen is huge! I really like how easy it is to use.
              It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
              Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

I love antique OS's also ... I still have a ZX Spectrum in storage somewhere
                now I understand your love of android!
                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                  now I understand your love of android!
                  Being serious ... iOS right now is still a bit smoother than Android. Although for the most part you won't notice any difference unless you install a badly coded Android app. But IMO the ceiling on Android is much higher now that they have a stable cross platform version. iOS need to expand their environment to be competitive, but the problem for them is that they will have to expand into Android territory. Steve Jobs would never have allowed that to happen. And crucially, iOS still relies too heavily on apps to provide functionality ... the big reason behind this being that Apple make a fortune from Apps ... so they let the apps compete to provide the functionality in the marketplace and Apple skim the profits. Plus they don't want to be seen to be copying Android.

Steve Jobs being no longer in charge could be a good thing for Apple in what is now a super competitive market. Apple have always won battles by having a technological / design / marketing edge. They haven't traditionally fared well in head-to-head battles without an specific edge.

Comment

• My plan gives me a free phone every so often, so today I went from the Blackberry to an iPhone 3G. I'm sure I will never figure out how to work it, either, but it makes some pretty cool sounds. The one down side is that I had a 32 GB micro in my Blackberry, so I could put most of my music on my phone. The hard drive on this iPhone isn't that big, so I'll have to be more careful picking and choosing.

The other bit of satisfaction is knowing that somewhere, deep in Hell, Hitler spends his days programming cell phones.

Comment

• Cheap a$$ providers ... not even a 3Gs? Still ... big upgrade from a Blackberry.

Comment

• Finally got my galaxy s3 today woohoo!
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Steve Jobs would have had a stroke with this ruling

A UK judge orders Apple to publish adverts saying that Samsung did not copy the design of its iPad.

A UK judge has ordered Apple to publish announcements that Samsung did not copy the design of its iPad, according to the Bloomberg news agency.

It said the judge said one notice should remain on Apple's website for at least six months, while other adverts should be placed in various newspapers and magazines.

It follows the US company's failed attempt to block sales of the South Korean firm's Galaxy Tab tablets.

Apple has not commented on the news.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                            Definitely give Swype a try before buying something with a slider keyboard. For me, Swype is the killer app for Android.
                            Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
                            Based on a recommendation from Kevin Seitzer, I will give it a re-try. I tried it when I first got it but didn't quite like it though it looked cool when the rep was demo-ing my original Samsung. But if KS says it's the killer app, then I have to rethink my position. It's not Pogueism, but close
                            I am a convert... Seitzerism line forms behind me
                            I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                            You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                            "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                            It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
                              I am a convert... Seitzerism line forms behind me
                              The gimmick wore off on me a bit. But it's still useful if you need to send a quick message and you can only use one hand. For instance, if you happened to be watching a 100m hurdles heat.

Comment

The gimmick wore off on me a bit. But it's still useful if you need to send a quick message and you can only use one hand. For instance, if you happened to be watching a 100m hurdles heat.
                                I am guessing age may make a difference here. I had been typing for a couple decades before I ever got a smartphone, and I never learned the two-thumb quick texting that many (mostly younger) people did.
                                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
                                X