Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can You Name Every Band/ Musical Artist You've Seen Perform Live?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait all day for a bus and 3 come along at once. Added De La Soul, The Handsome Family and tomorrow Neutral Milk Hotel in the last week or so.

De La Soul was not what I expected ... really eclectic mix.

Comment

• Descendents, Stiff Little Fingers, Buzzcocks, The Cure. That's pretty impressive. Plus tons of other good bands; Bob Mould, Hot Snakes, ALL, Weezer, Slayer, Flaming Lips, Violent Femmes, and Lucero. I went last year when the Replacements played as I have a really good friend who lives in Denver who is also a huge Replacements fan. It was a lot of fun but it was very hot and I'm too old for an all day festival.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Saw Cat Power this evening ... a little bit car crashy, although she was really nice. Felt sorry for her, looked like she was really trying to hold her shit together. She went solo (big mistake), and was all over the place ... talking to herself, mumbling into the mike, no real crowd chat, no gaps between songs, lots of errors that affected her confidence ... lots of apparent problems with the equipment. Credit to the audience for sticking with her all the way. If I wasn't a fan I would have left long before the end ... actually felt I needed to stay to the end and support her through this (almost) catastrophe. Awkward gig to say the least.

Got my tickets for Public Enemy and The Hold Steady.

Comment

• Every anecdote I've ever heard about Cat Power in concert has been more or less the same thing.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
            Every anecdote I've ever heard about Cat Power in concert has been more or less the same thing.
            I thought this was a standard Cat Power concert thing. Hasn't she been like that for years now?

Comment

• Ok-Go was playing in Sac tonight. I really wanted to go but I've got family coming into town tomorrow and I had a bunch of stuff to get in order. I hate when I puss out on shows I'd like to see.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Every anecdote I've ever heard about Cat Power in concert has been more or less the same thing.
                Diazepam is a helluva drug!

... and whatever else she had taken to calm her nerves.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  Ok-Go was playing in Sac tonight. I really wanted to go but I've got family coming into town tomorrow and I had a bunch of stuff to get in order. I hate when I puss out on shows I'd like to see.
                  Don't know much about them, but this video is awesome

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    Diazepam is a helluva drug!

... and whatever else she had taken to calm her nerves.
                    i thought her drug of choice was alcohol? anyway, sounds like a weird concert, to be sure...
                    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• I saw my second Failure show a few months ago. The first was in 1994. I think that's the widest gap between shows for an artist for me.

Comment

I saw my second Failure show a few months ago. The first was in 1994. I think that's the widest gap between shows for an artist for me.
                        I saw Rush in 1980 and 2012.
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• And not in between? Really?

Comment

• Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                            i thought her drug of choice was alcohol? anyway, sounds like a weird concert, to be sure...
                            Oh yeah there was that as well. She brought 4 glasses of clear liquid to the stage ... 2 for courage, 2 for hydration I imagine. Every time she took a drink from a glass, she smelt it to make sure she was getting the right kind of sustenance ... then again it could have been vodka and gin

She also had that wink thing that drunk people sometimes do ... and the slowest stage exit I've ever seen. Her fans are loyal, so they applauded her at every opportunity ... even when it wasn't clear when one song ended and another had started ... which was awkward in itself ... everyone was standing around asking themselves "do I clap now?", "can I clap now?". At one point one person took the lead in clapping the end of every song so that everyone else had a cue. I was fairly confident there wasn't going to be an encore, but I was getting the hell outta there before that option availed itself. It was a long day ... dental surgery at 8.30am ... horror show 13 hours later.

Very weird, maybe the most bizarre gig I've ever been to. She definitely needs a band, or at least some on stage accompaniment. I'd pay to see her again with a band, solo, no chance.

Also zero songs from here latest (and very well received) record, which I'm sure didn't please her bevvy of young 20-something, 5-foot-tall female fans. If there were employee training videos for budding bands and artists, this would make for a good "how not to" video

Comment

And not in between? Really?
                              I misread your post..

KISS in 1979 and 1996 is my greatest span between shows.
                              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I saw my second Failure show a few months ago. The first was in 1994. I think that's the widest gap between shows for an artist for me.
                                Camper Van Beethoven in 1989 and 2013 has got to be it for me.
                                "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                                "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                                "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Working...
                                X