Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can You Name Every Band/ Musical Artist You've Seen Perform Live?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
    i miss me some rodney on the roq.
    He still does his Sunday night show (at midnight I believe). Great documentary on him if you haven't seen it (it's actually pretty sad) - The Mayor of Sunset Strip. What an interesting life.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
      Tears for Fears was one of the best 80s bands live - very unespected
      Word. Their first album is fantastic (before the huge success of Songs from the Big Chair) - Pale Shelter, Mad World, Change, Suffer the Children are all excellent.

Here's Roland and Curt in their first band - Graduate with a pretty cool ska-ish song. I still don't know if the song is a slag on Elvis Costello or not. I asked Steve West (legendary 91X DJ) about it and he didn't know (he's the one who turned me on to this)

Comment

• Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
        Word. Their first album is fantastic (before the huge success of Songs from the Big Chair) - Pale Shelter, Mad World, Change, Suffer the Children are all excellent.

Here's Roland and Curt in their first band - Graduate with a pretty cool ska-ish song. I still don't know if the song is a slag on Elvis Costello or not. I asked Steve West (legendary 91X DJ) about it and he didn't know (he's the one who turned me on to this)

They started out going to Chelsea and ended up with The Beatles

I suggest people that dismiss them a silly 80s band give them another chance

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          That's incredible, when is it?
          December 14th. It's actually a two-day event but the Saturday lineup is usually littered with more mainstream and aggro acts. This year it's:

Linkin Park - from the interviews they've given it seems like they're all great guys, but I can't stand their music
          Bush - I like a couple songs but wouldn't be excited to see them
          Fall Out Boy - blech
          System of a Down - the only band I'd be excited to see, luckily just saw them last year at the Bowl (front row!)
          Rise Against - they're probably entertaining but not all that interested
          Incubus - I like a few songs, but overall not a big fan
          Walk the Moon - their hit single is fun, don't know anything else
          New Politics - they have one fun single, but the other song I've heard was bad
          Royal Blood - don't know much about them

Comment

• Originally posted by Igor View Post
            I would think U2 is going to cancel after Bono fell off his bike in Central Park, fractures in arm/shoulder/eye socket.
            He's got almost a month to heal up so I think there's still a chance they play. If not I'm sure KROQ would be able to find a quality replacement (they're very friendly with Foo Fighters for one).

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
              Royal Blood - don't know much about them
              Been really digging them. Friend of mine turned me on to them and they're one of the bands giving me hope for the future of "rock" music...

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                Smashing Pumpkins was one of the very worst live shows I've ever had the misfortune of having to sit through. I hate that whiny bitch of a singer
                I have to agree here. Both times I saw them, the show was marred by Corgan's whiny ranting.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Interpol had to cancel their show in Boston tonight because they're stranded in Buffalo.
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• I'm going to try this, though I know I will definitely miss some:

My first ever concert that I went to without an adult was Yes, Peter Frampton, and Skynyrd..... I had absolutely know idea who they were, really. I was drug along by my cousin. Before that I had seen Graham Central Station with my dad.... he was a bus driver, and drove charters.... we went in with a busload of folks ( for free )

OK, beyond that, lets see who I saw:

AC / DC..... many tiimes
                    Scorpions... many times
                    Madonna
                    The Who
                    The Hooters..... probably 25x.... I saw them locally a lot before they made it big
                    Ted Nugent
                    Def Leppard
                    Robert Plant
                    Pink Floyd - twice
                    David Gilmour
                    Roger Waters 3x
                    Clarence Clemmons
                    Springsteen 3x
                    Tone - Loc
                    Ice-T
                    Vanilla Ice - 3x
                    Blue Oyster Cult
                    Van Halen - 3x only with Dave
                    The Tubes
                    Blondie 2x
                    Molly Hatchet
                    Marshall Tucker
                    Charlie Daniels Band
                    Carrie Underwood...... just plain awesome
                    Talylor Swift..... took my twin daughters.... god show
                    Ed Sheeran - with T-Swizzle
                    Prince.... many times
                    ELO
                    Hall and Oates
                    The Cars...... most boring show I ever went to
                    Linda Ronstadt...... she KILLED it..... amazing show
                    Big Bad Voodoo Daddy..... several times
                    B-52s
                    Yes... about 5x
                    Kansas .... about 3x
                    David Cassidy..... I mentioned that on the original RJ..... he kicked ass, and was not all about doing Partridge Family songs
                    Paul McCartney
                    KISS.... many times
                    Cinderella.... a ton of times.... I am friends with the band, and mentioned as a friend of the band in credits
                    Judas Priest
                    Iron Maiden
                    Talking Heads
                    Motorhead
                    Smashmouth
                    Rage Against The Machine..... hated it
                    Tommy Tutone
                    Genesis 2x
                    Phil Collins 3x
                    Rick Wakeman 2x
                    UFO
                    Dixie Chicks
                    Run DMC twice
                    KC and the Sunshine Band.... 2x, and going again in January
                    Taj Majal
                    Buddy Guy
                    Aerosmith
                    Guns and Roses
                    Fastway
                    Sly and the Family Stone
                    Rolling Stones 2x at least
                    Journey
                    George Thorogood
                    Pat Travers
                    Quiet Riot
                    The Four Tops
                    The Time
                    Ratt
                    The Go-Gos
                    Flock of Seagulls
                    Sting
                    The Police
                    Fine Young Cannibals
                    Boys to Men
                    NKOTB
                    Toby Kieth
                    10,000 Maniacs
                    Graham Parker
                    Fleetwood Mac
                    Kid Rock - but not his whole set
                    The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
                    Foghat
                    The Blues Brothers.... do they count?
                    Kid Creole and the Coconuts
                    Vanity 6
                    Sheena Easton
                    Sinead O'Connor
                    Tori Amos
                    Spandau Ballet
                    Iron Maiden..2x
                    Frankie Goes To Hollywood
                    CSN
                    Neil Young
                    Kenny Chesney
                    Bon Jovi

Plus everybody who played at Live Aid, and about 10 other festivals.

And I bet I missed at least 25 acts.....

EDIT... as soon as I walked away from that crazy list, I remembered Elton John 3x.... Billy Joel, and David Bowie.....
                    Last edited by Papa Deuce; 11-22-2014, 10:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
                      He still does his Sunday night show (at midnight I believe). Great documentary on him if you haven't seen it (it's actually pretty sad) - The Mayor of Sunset Strip. What an interesting life.
                      the foo fighters HBO series (last night) covered quite a bit of his history and interviewed him. i never realized he ran a club on the strip (that was extremely popular)...
                      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                        the foo fighters HBO series (last night) covered quite a bit of his history and interviewed him. i never realized he ran a club on the strip (that was extremely popular)...
                        They go over that in the documentary (what was it called, the Russian Club?) For such a local legend with such a fascinating story, he seems to live a very humble life and can't seem to get over the "girl who got away".

Comment

They go over that in the documentary (what was it called, the Russian Club?) For such a local legend with such a fascinating story, he seems to live a very humble life and can't seem to get over the "girl who got away".
                          "Rodney Bingenheimer's English Disco" - he claimed the inclusion of "Disco" in the name helped with its demise in the mid-70's, because the club had nothing to do with disco, per se, which caused confusion and consternation...
                          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

He's got almost a month to heal up so I think there's still a chance they play. If not I'm sure KROQ would be able to find a quality replacement (they're very friendly with Foo Fighters for one).
                            Springsteen and Chris Martin are filling in tonight.

https://ca.celebrity.yahoo.com/news/...204949970.html

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Welp, the Edge confirmed today on the KROQ morning show that they're going to have to cancel. No word yet on whether they'll find a replacement or just let the other bands play longer (the schedule's usually real tight anyway).

Comment

Welp, the Edge confirmed today on the KROQ morning show that they're going to have to cancel. No word yet on whether they'll find a replacement or just let the other bands play longer (the schedule's usually real tight anyway).
                                Welp, that didn't take long, today they announced the replacement...No Doubt! While it would have been cooler to see U2, I'm guessing No Doubt will put on just as good of a show if not better.

Comment

Working...
                                X