Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can You Name Every Band/ Musical Artist You've Seen Perform Live?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can add John Fogerty to my list.

My wife and I went to see him at the Chicago Theater last night. We had a blast! Old John has not lost anything off his fastball. Voice was strong and guitar playing fantastic. If you are a CCR fan go see him you won't be disappointed.

As an added bonus Kenny Aronoff was playing the drums. He was on his game and is right up there with the best I have ever seen.

Shane Fogerty, John's son, is playing guitar with the band. He is a talent in his own right. Touching moment to see John and Shane jam together. You could tell papa was proud and delighted to be on stage with his son.

Two hours non-stop pure entertainment.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      Don't know much about them, but this video is awesome

They have a lot of great videos. They certainly put their time into their craft.
      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Hmm, since last post added another Old 97's show, Beck, and Arcade Fire.

Comment

• Added Heart to my list.

I got the tickets for Mrs. Gregg's Mothers Day gift. The concert was this last Friday. Front row seats. Great show, we had a blast!

I also added John Prine. I have seen him twice and just forgot about him when we did the lists.

Comment

• Here's what I've added the last year.

Broken Bells
            Howard Jones
            Counting Crows
            Toad the Wet Sprocket
            Zepparella
            Ty Segall
            ZZ Top
            Jeff Beck
            Buddy Guy
            Carl Weathersby
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              Here's what I've added the last year.

Broken Bells
              Howard Jones
              Counting Crows
              Toad the Wet Sprocket
              Zepparella
              Ty Segall
              ZZ Top
              Jeff Beck
              Buddy Guy
              Carl Weathersby
              What was your top 3 and of those what was your favorite?

Comment

• how were the counting crows? I've got tickets in berkley in two weeks. I've heard they are very good and awful from different sources.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  how were the counting crows? I've got tickets in berkley in two weeks. I've heard they are very good and awful from different sources.
                  Saw them a few years ago when they toured with Michael Franti and I was pleasantly surprised. They put on a good show...even though their music is less than, um out of the box

Comment

• Oh, totally busted. I actually am seeing the Counting Crows/Toad the Wet Sprocket tonight, and ZZ Top/Jeff Beck & Buddy Guy/BB King over the next couple weeks. I will report back though.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

Oh, totally busted. I actually am seeing the Counting Crows/Toad the Wet Sprocket tonight, and ZZ Top/Jeff Beck & Buddy Guy/BB King over the next couple weeks. I will report back though.
                      Zepperella was solid if you're a Zeppelin fan...lead singer is pretty hot and the guitarist (also cute) can rip it. I'm not really a Howard Jones fan, just went with a friend so that was meh; he looks like John Lithgow. Ty Segall was cool if you're into noisy indie rock. Broken Bells were excellent

Gregg, if you're a blues fan and haven't seen Carl Weathersby, I recommend him. He used to play every Monday night at Kingston Mines, not sure if he still gigs there regularly.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                        how were the counting crows? I've got tickets in berkley in two weeks. I've heard they are very good and awful from different sources.
                        I saw them twice when they were young and hungry, and they were very good both times. I haven't seen the grown up version. That tends to be a mixed bag - some bands age very well, others... not so much. Looks like they've got a new record on the way, so, for better or for worse, you can probably expect to hear a lot of that.
                        "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                        "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                        "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

... Buddy Guy/BB King...
                          Ooooo, some major train wreck possibilities there. I've heard both these guys are getting a bit, um, unfocused and unpredictable in their old age.

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                          "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                            Ooooo, some major train wreck possibilities there. I've heard both these guys are getting a bit, um, unfocused and unpredictable in their old age.

Well, hopefully they're not as bad as Chuck Berry. Saw him a few years back open for Tom Petty and it was just sad. After butchering the first song, he demanded a new guitar be brought out because the first one was 'out of tune'. Apparently the second one was too and he requested yet another. But he can still do his strut which is pretty amazing. The lowlight though was when he asked the bouncers to 'bring some girls up here'. They grabbed five white girls who probably had never heard of Chuck Berry and they were just terrible. After a few minutes of doing the awkward white girl dance, they actually started doing the chorus line. I laugh every time I think of it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

Zepperella was solid if you're a Zeppelin fan...lead singer is pretty hot and the guitarist (also cute) can rip it. I'm not really a Howard Jones fan, just went with a friend so that was meh; he looks like John Lithgow. Ty Segall was cool if you're into noisy indie rock. Broken Bells were excellent

Gregg, if you're a blues fan and haven't seen Carl Weathersby, I recommend him. He used to play every Monday night at Kingston Mines, not sure if he still gigs there regularly.
                              Thanks for the tip.

I hope you have a great time at the upcoming concerts.

Comment

• Eclectic group of artists you've gotten to see.

It's been a slow year so far for me:
                                Alec Ouensworth (front man of Clap Your Hands Say Yeah) in someone's living room - amazing
                                Cayucas at the Santa Monica pier - always fun, perfect beach music
                                Toxic Holocaust - love me some retro thrash

Planning to see soon:
                                Foxygen - one of my favorite new bands, super excited
                                Slayer/Exodus/Suicidal Tendencies - FUCK YEAH
                                The Zombies (?!?!) and Mystic Braves at the Santa Monica pier - another one of my favorite new bands along with a legendary band...for free
                                Pixies at the Hollywood Bowl - one of my few bucket list bands, a little bummed Kim Deal is no longer involved

Comment

Working...
                                X