• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
    I was including delivery time as well

Spoiler alert for Bucky:
    "Go &%$# yourself" lol
    Haha. Right back 'attcha buddy.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      yeah, cause Domino's is real authentic Italian?!?!?

Actually my favourite after travelling around Italy was pizza from Rome (moreso than Naples which seems to be the standard) ... i just discovered an awesome restaurant here in Toronto that is as close as anything I've tried. Maybe we should open up that old thread re: best restaurants in various places.
      Seconded. I've had better pizza in Toronto and even a couple of places in Montreal than I've had in most spots outside the NE Corridor.
      Last edited by Bob Kohm; 12-05-2011, 04:43 PM.
      "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
        By "here" I guess you must mean South Jersey, because NYC and North Jersey have lots of sushi/Japanese, lots of Thai, lots of Korean, several Mongolian, and a decent share of other (Malaysian, Vietnamese, Cambodian), plus various Asian fusion places that combine them. And the fusion places all make a point to call themselves "Asian fusion" - they don't just call it all "Chinese".
        No kidding. Go to Flushing and you don't just find"Chinese" restaurants, you find regional Chinese cooking-- Fujian, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Xianjiang, Canton, etc. Ditto on Vietnamese and Thai regionalism.
        "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
          as if V&T's is clean either
          V&T's is worse-- dirty and full of obnoxious Columbia students For my money nobody has done it better than Ivanna's or Half Moon up on Belmont in the Bronx

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
            V&T's is worse-- dirty and full of obnoxious Columbia students For my money nobody has done it better than Ivanna's or Half Moon up on Belmont in the Bronx
            Never been to Chicago huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              What's your favorite deep dish joint? I go back and forth b/w Lou Malnati's and Edwardo's.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                Sure have. "Deep dish" is just a rip off of Sicilian pizza and not done nearly as well. It's Ok, but doesn't really belong in the discussion with true pizzas-- kind of a different animal.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
                  Sure have. "Deep dish" is just a rip off of Sicilian pizza and not done nearly as well. It's Ok, but doesn't really belong in the discussion with true pizzas-- kind of a different animal.
                  I actually like thin crust the best. There are plenty of Chicago style thin crust places in Chicago and the burbs.

Comment

My middle son gets cold pizza in his lunch at least 3 times a week, and he's quite happy about it!
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Yeah NO ONE outside of the NE knows how to make a freaking pizza!!!!! I think da NY'ers and NJ 'ites need to wake up...
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        Yeah NO ONE outside of the NE knows how to make a freaking pizza!!!!! I think da NY'ers and NJ 'ites need to wake up...
                        The truth is an absolute defense.

Are there artisinal pizzas worth eating outside of the NE? Sure, but they have as much to do with actual Neapolitan or Sicilian pizza as a good tuna salad has to do with extraordinary sushi-- they aren't really comparable 1:1. Are there some good "real" pizzas outside of the NE Corridor? Sure-- in places where someone from that area has set up a pizzeria and stuck to the right way of doing things, as has happened in my neighborhood where a guy from Queens opened a good pizzeria in Alexandria.

The bottom line is that if you grew up in Podunk, PA you think that the Pizza Hut inspired pizza you've been eating since you were three is good pizza. That's fine, glad you enjoy it.

Comment

The beautiful thing about saying this is that they'll pretend indifference or claim that my location makes me patently unable to discern good pizza from bad, but NY pizza snobs are perhaps the silliest bunch of folks ever. For crying out loud, get over yourselves.

Comment

I'm not sure "NY pizza snob" characteristics are that far removed from "Yankees fan" characteristics.
                            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                              The beautiful thing about saying this is that they'll pretend indifference or claim that my location makes me patently unable to discern good pizza from bad, but NY pizza snobs are perhaps the silliest bunch of folks ever. For crying out loud, get over yourselves.
                              You're entitled to your opinion, Dane. Why not express it over a nice ketchup on Wonderbread and rubbery cheese slice?

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                                hmmmm, I wonder how you Bay area folks feel about Niagara wines ...
                                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X