Call of Duty: Black Ops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    so I made it to Level 50 and now have the option to do the prestige levels -- but that means I'd have to give up my guns and stuff, and I think I'm finally at a level where I can hang with the big boys. Is there a point to the Prestige levels?
    My son is big into this game with his buddies. He told me on Sunday night before I got home that him and 2 of his buddies beat up on a clan. This clan had 5 guys in it (yes 3 on 5) and a couple were pretty decent level definitely very well into Prestige. Him and his buddies were then verbally harrassed (yes he has the headphones set) with the guys claiming they would hack there accounts and even find out where they live and kill them. Well I just missed this tirade as it happened just minutes before I got home. A complaint was logged against all 5. Amazing how a little game goes too far.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
      My son is big into this game with his buddies. He told me on Sunday night before I got home that him and 2 of his buddies beat up on a clan. This clan had 5 guys in it (yes 3 on 5) and a couple were pretty decent level definitely very well into Prestige. Him and his buddies were then verbally harrassed (yes he has the headphones set) with the guys claiming they would hack there accounts and even find out where they live and kill them. Well I just missed this tirade as it happened just minutes before I got home. A complaint was logged against all 5. Amazing how a little game goes too far.
      One of the crappy parts of this game (perhaps also other games on XBox Live for all I know) is the inability to mute everyone. There's nothing worse than some teenie just chatting, singing, having feedback/static or, unbelievably enough, shouting out racial epithets or other offensive stuff. I try to mute everyone I see talk just before the game starts.

I've finally allowed my 3-year old to play along with me online, as I realized you can have two players under one Xbox name. He's not used to the faster speed of online versus the slower AI players, and he doesn't know how to use any killstreak rewards, but I love it when he whacks someone -- I wonder if they know they just got whacked by a 3-year old!!

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
        I have no idea, but I just went prestige. It's pretty much worthless except you get a little icon next to your name and can eventually make more custom classes.

BTW, I switched to a Famas gun and it beats the hell out of all the other ones I've tried. Famas w/ red dot sight (which I customized to be an X with a dot in the middle) is awesome. I switch between sleight of hand and steady aim and use the same other stuff as above. Check it out if you haven't yet.
        I've been getting all the Pro perks (Ninja, Ghost, Hardened, 2nd Chance, Warlord and Flak Jacket Pros so far)... We've prestiged (up to level 48) but we won't prestige to the next level since you lose all your stuff again (I've heard). When you prestige to level 50 (15th Prestige) you get a gold gun. My buddy has seen it...I haven't, but I don't live on CoD like he does...

I've set up different classes (like revo) for different maps... Mostly I play Flak pro-Warlord pro-Ninja pro with the commando (my class 1) but class 2 is for when I feel dickish and get Cracked, Havana Launch and/or sometimes Jungle, going with infared scope, suppressor, PGSniper rifle, Ghost pro-Warlord Pro-Ninja Pro and just camp and snipe. I do that in Hardcore so they don't see the killcam and come right back... Oh, you will get some angry, cussing buttercuppers in Hardcore when they don't know where you are and keep getting sniped lol
        Last edited by SeaDogStat; 02-23-2011, 11:43 AM.
        I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
        You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
        "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
        It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
          I've been getting all the Pro perks (Ninja, Ghost, Hardened, 2nd Chance, Warlord and Flak Jacket Pros so far)... We've prestiged (up to level 48) but we won't prestige to the next level since you lose all your stuff again (I've heard). When you prestige to level 50 (15th Prestige) you get a gold gun. My buddy has seen it...I haven't, but I don't live on CoD like he does...

I've set up different classes (like revo) for different maps... Mostly I play Flak pro-Warlord pro-Ninja pro with the commando (my class 1) but class 2 is for when I feel dickish and get Cracked, Havana Launch and/or sometimes Jungle, going with infared scope, suppressor, PGSniper rifle, Ghost pro-Warlord Pro-Ninja Pro and just camp and snipe. I do that in Hardcore so they don't see the killcam and come right back... Oh, you will get some angry, cussing buttercuppers in Hardcore when they don't know where you are and keep getting sniped lol
          If you play Multi-player without going online (like I was forced to do at my in laws over the weekend), you can use all perks/camos, so I made all the guns gold. It's really no big deal.

The problem with Hardcore is that they're all snipers!

Comment

I like the online multiplayer...the gold gun is no big deal... of course everyone snipes in hardcore...no killcam to see where the guy is lol

I usually play prestige, but will do the core and hardcore for the other scenarios (S&D, Demolition, etc)
            I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
            You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
            "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
            It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

I hate S&D and just about any game that involves you waiting and waiting to respawn. I do Domination and Team Deathmatch the most and Capture the Flag a little. I've tried Free For All and it's pretty fun and intense but apparently I suck at that one much more than the others.
              I've switched from CTF to Ground War more, but my fave now is Ground War: Domination -- especially if they use the Cracked map.

Comment

RE: modes, I like demolition best by far. Lots of action & suspense.

Comment

the perils of allowing a 3-year old free reign on my Xbox: last night, checking my email, I see a Purchase Confirmation from Microsoft for 800 Microsoft points ($9.99). I can only be thankful he didn't buy 8000 points for $75.
                  Last edited by revo; 03-07-2011, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    the perils of allowing a 3-year free reign on my Xbox: last night, checking my email, I see a Purchase Confirmation from Microsoft for 800 Microsoft points ($9.99). I can only be thankful he didn't buy 8000 points for $75.
                    Not a good sign Revo. He knows how to use Daddy's CC.
                    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                      Not a good sign Revo. He knows how to use Daddy's CC.
                      Problem is, it was already in there b/c I bought the Gold Membership. I had set-up a passcode, but it required it for virtually anything on there so I took it down. Ummm, I put it back up last night....

Comment

Anyone get the new maps (First Strike)? I got it Saturday night though it took FOREVER to DL in the background, so I just re-DLed it before I went to bed. Played it Sunday...pretty cool...absolutely sniper heaven in hardcore for the Berlin Wall...think bigger Havana map. Kowloon is nutty, running around the rooftops. Discovery is in the artic and Stadium is set in an closed down hockey arena. It would have been cool to run on the ice though, so I think they missed an opp there.

The new zombies map, Ascension, is crazy good. I hated Zombies in Kino Der Toten, it was okay in "Five", but Ascension has me converted. Completely different with the perks you buy because you can lose them when the monkeys come. Monkeys are the Hell Hounds of Kino...

All in all, happy with the new set of maps... at least it is something different and new areas to learn.
                        Last edited by SeaDogStat; 03-07-2011, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
                          Anyone get the new maps (First Strike)? I got it Saturday night though it took FOREVER to DL in the background, so I just re-DLed it before I went to bed. Played it Sunday...pretty cool...absolutely sniper heaven in hardcore for the Berlin Wall...think bigger Havana map. Kowloon is nutty, running around the rooftops. Discovery is in the artic and Stadium is set in an closed down hockey arena. It would have been cool to run on the ice though, so I think they missed an opp there.

The new zombies map, Ascension, is crazy good. I hated Zombies in Kino Der Toten, it was okay in "Five", but Ascension has me converted. Completely different with the perks you buy because you can lose them when the monkeys come. Monkeys are the Hell Hounds of Kino...

All in all, happy with the new set of maps... at least it is something different and new areas to learn.
                          Yeah, bought the update last weekend.

I like Stadium, Berlin Wall & Discovery, but I HATE Kowloon.

My boy likes the Zombies games, but I'm not a huge fan of any of them.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Zombies either... in fact I never play alone. And really never play unless my buddy is there and whines that he has had enough TDM. I usually play one game and then quit. It is too repetitive... at least playing TDM, there are so many variables playing against live opponents.

The only time I hate TDm is on Nuketown when you get caught in a loop of spawn killers and can't take a step without getting killed (which is why I much prefer Hardcore to Core).

After we lost our ECAC East semifinal on Friday, I slept in til noon on Saturday (mistake) and then did nothing but play CoD, off and on, until about 5am... a solid 14 hrs of game play, minus bathroom breaks and eating... lol

Felt like I was a kid again...an absolute waste of a day, according to Mrs. SDS...

Didn't play.....much, on Sunday
                            Last edited by SeaDogStat; 03-07-2011, 05:00 PM.

Comment

I just got Homefront yesterday -- and I think the online multiplayer is far superior to Black Ops. Just so many better things about it -- vehicles (air & land); being able to "buy" special weapons in battle rather than use killstreaks; much, much easier sniping; bullet trails; much better maps; so much more.

The next COD better be like this....

Comment

Better sniping? Ugh, that's easily the worst thing about the earlier CODs. Snipers that don't even have to aim (quick scope), not to mention just encouraging camping altogether.

I'd be happy if they did away with snipers completely.
                                +1

Hate snipers. If someone is camping and sniping I ignore the game objective and spend all my time trying to flank him. Nothing better than stabbing a sniper in the back.

Comment

Working...
                                X