Sporcle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sporcle

Thought it would be fun to start a thread for good quizzes when you come across one on Sporcle. This was a lot of fun. I got 95, I left off one fairly obvious guy that would have given me 4 more.

Can you name the best MLB player by year according to Wins Above Replacement?
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

95 also. I completely biffed on one which would have been 5 more. In fact, I didn't get one until 1909 which accounts for 10 of my 19 incorrect ones.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewboy View Post
      95 also. I completely biffed on one which would have been 5 more. In fact, I didn't get one until 1909 which accounts for 10 of my 19 incorrect ones.
      There was an award named after one of the guys before 1909 and the 1905 - 1908 guy has a pretty expensive baseball card. You gotta come up with those names.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I got 96 and hit myself over some of the ones I missed.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
          There was an award named after one of the guys before 1909 and the 1905 - 1908 guy has a pretty expensive baseball card. You gotta come up with those names.
          Oh I knew it was terrible at the time, but I was having a total brain fart. I kept thinking Paul or Lloyd Waner for some reason but apparently they played much later on.

Comment

92.....how did I miss the 1985-1986-1987 Red Sox guy?!? sheesh
            I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
            You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
            "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
            It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
              Where you trying Margo Adams instead?

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Where you trying Margo Adams instead?
                I was thinking Gator...not chicken :doh:
                I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Me too. I tried so many names and somehow couldn't think of him.

Comment

I got that one but missed the '97 Toronto guy. 108 total.

I may be biased but I like this one: http://www.sporcle.com/games/dslaw/mlb---1960s

Comment

Did someone here make this one?

Can you name the 101 Greatest Would Be Fantasy Baseball Seasons since 1901?

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Should be a doddle for any self respecting Vintage Drafter!

... just like crucifixion.

Edit: Got the first 20 easily enough, then realised that the team, year and position were also listed ... that makes it WAYYY too easy.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          Should be a doddle for any self respecting Vintage Drafter!

... just like crucifixion.

Edit: Got the first 20 easily enough, then realised that the team, year and position were also listed ... that makes it WAYYY too easy.
                          I'll give you a hint, if it says SFG, and is after 1965, the last name starts with "B"....
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                            I'll give you a hint, if it says SFG, and is after 1965, the last name starts with "B"....
                            I'm thinking Ellis Burks ... gotta be Ellis Burks.

Comment

103 with the award namesake being my only "duh" moment. Red Sox dude is one that I frequently forget about in these type of quizzes for some reason; must be because chicks dig the long ball!

Comment

Working...
                              X