Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Well that fucking sucks ... one of my favourite new shows from last year. Some of the criticisms I read were completely stupid.
    Yep. Terrence Winter left the show; it didn't get great ratings; and it was rumored that the season cost almost $100 million to make, which is insane!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Gah, HBO reversed its decision and has cancelled Vinyl.

I also found out today that they pulled the plug a few months back on The Brink -- which had also been renewed then cancelled -- as well.
      This is why I almost never watch a new show before its been on a few seasons.

Has anyone here watched Penny Dreadful? It recently ended and I was wondering if its worth watching. It seems that it ended abruptly, I guess the producers found out they wouldnt get a 4th season too late to give it a proper conclusion.
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
        This is why I almost never watch a new show before its been on a few seasons.

Has anyone here watched Penny Dreadful? It recently ended and I was wondering if its worth watching. It seems that it ended abruptly, I guess the producers found out they wouldnt get a 4th season too late to give it a proper conclusion.
        My daughter loves it. I want to watch it eventually.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
          11/22/63: Best of the bunch, half way through, if you like the Americans, you'll love this
          Finished watching this on the weekend; pretty well done, very cool premise, loved the final episode. Something about Franco didn't seem right in this role, but maybe that was intentional. Some fabulous performances from the supporting cast.

some clever script writing ... I don't think this is any kind of spoiler but I'll hide it anyway ...

Spoiler!
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Season 2 of Mr. Robot starts up tonight!!

Comment

• I will watch Mr. Robot soon enough
              but watched 2 episodes of Stranger Things on Netflix

pretty cool eighties retro ET/Poltergeist type thing

6 more are out there - I wil see how many my wife, daughter and I go through this weekend

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                Season 2 of Mr. Robot starts up tonight!!
                Anyone that hasn't binge watched season 1 of mr robot needs to do it right now
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Anyone that hasn't binge watched season 1 of mr robot needs to do it right now
                  This.

Fantastic show.

Comment

• Stranger Things on Netflix is worth watching after two episodes in for me, my 15 year old son is really enjoying it as well
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Stranger Things on Netflix is worth watching after two episodes in for me, my 15 year old son is really enjoying it as well
                      just finished it, "totally awesome", especially as an 80's homage......

Comment

just finished it, "totally awesome", especially as an 80's homage......
                        I watched the first two episodes as well and really like. I need to finish it, just haven't had the chance. All of my friends love it.
                        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• "Any Given Wednesday with Bill Simmons" -- not exceelent.

Comment

• The Night Of is simply amazing. Only 4 episodes in, but already among the best things I've seen.

I enjoyed Stranger Things, but didn't think it was as good as people are hyping it to be. Felt parts could have been executed a lot better. Loved the 80's vibe, but the "bad guys" were characterless and featureless, they kinda rolled in, did bad guy stuff, then disappeared ... and the alternative reality was never properly conceived IMO. That said, all the main cast did a great job, especially the police chief.
                            Last edited by johnnya24; 08-03-2016, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                              The Night Of is simply amazing. Only 4 episodes in, but already among the best things I've seen.

I enjoyed Stranger Things, but didn't think it was as good as people are hyping it to be. Felt parts could have been executed a lot better. Loved the 80's vibe, but the "bad guys" were characterless and featureless, they kinda rolled in, did bad guy stuff, then disappeared ... and the alternative reality was never properly conceived IMO. That said, all the main cast did a great job, especially the police chief.
                              I've never heard of The Night Of, what's that

Comment

I've never heard of The Night Of, what's that
                                New HBO show, all my friends raving about it too.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X