Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
    I've never heard of The Night Of, what's that
    HBO crime drama miniseries starring John Turturro's feet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
      Stranger Things on Netflix is worth watching after two episodes in for me, my 15 year old son is really enjoying it as well
      My cousin, a serious TV junkie, just recommended this to me. Will have to check it out.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• From CNN:

The conviction of Brendan Dassey, a Wisconsin man who appeared in the documentary "Making a Murderer," has been overturned by a federal judge in Milwaukee, according to court documents obtained by CNN. Dassey was convicted in 2005 in the murder of photographer Teresa Halbach. Prosecutors have 90 days to bring Dassey, now 26, to trial again or he will be released. His uncle, Steven Avery, featured in "Making a Murderer," is in a Wisconsin prison also serving time for Halbach's murder.

Developing story - more to come

Comment

• Loved Stranger Things. All the young kids were fantastic in it. I think it's the only tv series I've ever made it through that wasn't a comedy or documentary (grouping Dirty Jobs & Myth Busters with documentaries).
          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Season 2 inevitable, but they better hurry up!

Comment

• Netflix original content is killing it. I've only watched one episode of The Get Down but it was fantastic.
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                Loved Stranger Things. All the young kids were fantastic in it. I think it's the only tv series I've ever made it through that wasn't a comedy or documentary (grouping Dirty Jobs & Myth Busters with documentaries).
                Agreed, it was awesome. And it was renewed for season 2 the other day.

Narcos drops tomorrow!!!

And I just watched two episodes of the Hulu series "11.22.63" which is an adaptation of the Stephen King book. Fantastic so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Narcos drops tomorrow!!!
                  The Night Of finishes, season 2 of Mr Robot is coming to a climax ... and just in time ... Narcos!

Nice. Tempted to binge season 1 again over the weekend, then jump into season 2 (or is it the final season / part?).

Comment

• We binged watched Stranger Things in two nights, loved it.

We just started Game of Thrones, made it through the first three episodes. I don't guess we've gotten to the really funny part yet.

Some was interesting..."Whither thou screwest thy sister...." This Sean Bean guy must work more than Sam Jackson and Morgan Freeman put together. The alternate title could be Boobs and Beheadings.

Comment

• I know I'm late to the party but we've been binging on Homeland over the last month. Almost finished season 4. After season 3 ended I wasn't sure how the show would adapt but this has been a really excellent season.
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• The Night Of started off really good and was very well made, but I thought the payoff pitch was way outside. Very unsatisfying and poorly written ending, IMO.

For instance, how on earth:
                        Spoiler!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                          We binged watched Stranger Things in two nights, loved it.

We just started Game of Thrones, made it through the first three episodes. I don't guess we've gotten to the really funny part yet.

Some was interesting..."Whither thou screwest thy sister...." This Sean Bean guy must work more than Sam Jackson and Morgan Freeman put together. The alternate title could be Boobs and Beheadings.
                          The boobs and beheadings quotient goes steadily down as the seasons go on - not even sure we reached double-digit boobs last season.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            The Night Of started off really good and was very well made, but I thought the payoff pitch was way outside. Very unsatisfying and poorly written ending, IMO.

For instance, how on earth:
                            Spoiler!
                            Yeah I agree ... the second half didn't live up to the standards set in the first half. But I actually really liked the ending. Overall it lacked the real attention to detail, perhaps because it was meant as a mini series and adapted from a UK TV show (which won't have the same high standards as the current generation of cable shows on US TV ... UK TV Drama sucks). But the acting and characterizations carried it.

Spoiler!

Comment

• Two episodes in and Luke Cage is very good.

I'm really enjoying Designated Survivor and Kevin Can Wait as well, which is rare for network shows these days!

Comment

• The Good Place has been pretty fun so far as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X