Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    Archer Returns tomorrow!

There's a video on youtube where they show the Magnum open side-by-side with this. It's....wait....I have something for this.....

Comment

• Found it:

Comment

• Archer and Conan vs Mobsters:

Comment

• I've enjoyed The Good Wife through it's run - generally well written & they've tackled some interesting topics. With only a few shows left in the final season, Sunday they came to Toronto in a bizarre (to us) episode that used up every Canadian stereotype in a way that would have made the simpsons proud ... we're clean, we say "aboot", we brag about our health care system, we don't spy on our citizens (really?), we're polite, and on and on ... all that was missing was snow or a shot of an igloo. At least the Canadian equivalent of the NSA dude was wearing a Blue Jays shirt. I'm not sure whether to say "that was cool", or "screw you Good Wife", though I'm leaning to the latter ... oh well, good for a laugh.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• So I just watched the first episode of Preacher, not having a clue what it was about.

and

Spoiler!

Comment

• Episode 3 of Daredevil Season 2 was among the best 60 minutes of television I've ever seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                So I just watched the first episode of Preacher, not having a clue what it was about.

and

Spoiler!
                Preacher is awesome. The comic was the best comic I've ever read and so far the show is great. They are not staying exactly true to the comics but it has the same elements and feel.
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Things I've binge watched on planes recently

mr robot: was more compelling to me than Jessica Jones or Daredevil Season 2, both which I need to finish
                  true Detective Season 2: I have 2 more episodes to go, but enjoying it way more than I thought I would. Sure it doesn't have the cinematography or Cohle monologues of Season 1, but still interesting

11/22/63: Best of the bunch, half way through, if you like the Americans, you'll love this
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Finally all caught up on Turn: Washington's Spies.

Great series & the guy playing Washington is a fantasy baseball player so makes it even better

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                      Finally all caught up on Turn: Washington's Spies.

Great series & the guy playing Washington is a fantasy baseball player so makes it even better
                      I really wanted to like this series, but I got bored with it and finally gave it the boot.

Just FYI, the final half-season of Hell on Wheels started this past weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        I really wanted to like this series, but I got bored with it and finally gave it the boot.

Me too.

Just finished Sens8, really enjoyed it. Bonus points for including a DMT scene
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Me three ... I kept meaning to go back to it, but never found the time, then eventually lost the inclination.

My loss?

Comment

• Curb Your Enthusiasm is coming back for season 9!

Comment

• Gah, HBO reversed its decision and has cancelled Vinyl.

I also found out today that they pulled the plug a few months back on The Brink -- which had also been renewed then cancelled -- as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Gah, HBO reversed its decision and has cancelled Vinyl.
                                Well that fucking sucks ... one of my favourite new shows from last year. Some of the criticisms I read were completely stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X