Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    I've been really enjoying Ozark. Great cast.
    Yeah, Ozark has been great.

The Defenders starts in a few days on Netflix.

Comment

• anyone else been watching Queen of the South? We are part way into season 2 - it started as a guilty pleasure type of show but I'm enjoying it more than I initially thought I might.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
        anyone else been watching Queen of the South? We are part way into season 2 - it started as a guilty pleasure type of show but I'm enjoying it more than I initially thought I might.
        I watched last season and am a couple of episodes into this season. I enjoy it, but am way behind.

Once I finish up Defenders I'll get back to it.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Speaking of... I've really enjoyed (almost all of) the Defenders series on Netflix. I think I enjoyed Jessica Jones the most, but both season on Daredevil and Luke Cage were exceelent as well. Iron Fist, not so much.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            I watched last season and am a couple of episodes into this season. I enjoy it, but am way behind.

Once I finish up Defenders I'll get back to it.
            check back in when you get to the Bolivia episode.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              I highly, highly doubt that any of you guys watched "Scream Queens". I loved it. Found it hilarious and a great homage to any number of genres. And the music they used was so damn cool.

Commence the witted barbs at my expense
              I didn't know the show existed. My wife and I are going to give it a try.

Thanks for posting it.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                Speaking of... I've really enjoyed (almost all of) the Defenders series on Netflix. I think I enjoyed Jessica Jones the most, but both season on Daredevil and Luke Cage were exceelent as well. Iron Fist, not so much.
                Agree with this assessment. Just started The Defenders.

'Episodes' just returned on Showtime. Final season. Great show, if you haven't seen it starte at the beginning!

Comment

• Preacher is mindboggling, sometimes I can't believe it is on TV
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Narcos Season 3 was awesome, and this may be blasphemy to some, but it might have been the series' best season yet. And yeah, the first two seasons were all-time great awesome too.

Comment

• These days I don't watch much current TV ...

Will tune into Game of Thrones (though I found season 7 rushed and far too unexplained).
                      ... I like the show 'Mountain Men'
                      ... House of Cards ...

Shows like TWD and Alaskan Bush People have lost me for different reasons. Couldn't even get through 1/2 of the 2nd season of FTWD.

I have been watching some olders shows of late (Tour of Duty).

Comment

• Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
                        These days I don't watch much current TV ...

Will tune into Game of Thrones (though I found season 7 rushed and far too unexplained).
                        ... I like the show 'Mountain Men'
                        ... House of Cards ...

Shows like TWD and Alaskan Bush People have lost me for different reasons. Couldn't even get through 1/2 of the 2nd season of FTWD.

I have been watching some olders shows of late (Tour of Duty).
                        House of Cards doesnt interest me anymore. We used to watch with Obama is charge and now find the evilness of it unwatchable

Silicon Valley although incredibly formulaic has still amused me recently

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Narcos Season 3 was awesome, and this may be blasphemy to some, but it might have been the series' best season yet. And yeah, the first two seasons were all-time great awesome too.
                          I am about half way through season 3 now. It has been very good. I watched the first two seasons last year after season 2 was released. Those two seasons were great.

I especially like the real footage of the actual people being portrayed in the show. It's weird to see some that footage and remember seeing it when it happened.

I hate that the seasons are so short.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                            I'm enjoying Westworld, Billions, Hannibal and The Americans
                            BTW, thanks for the reco on Billions, we're really enjoying it, part way through season 2 ... it's as tho someone created the show based on what would be the perfect role for Paul Giamatti

Comment

• Agreed, Narcos is phenomenal, quickly ascending my all-time ranks.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Narcos Season 3 was awesome, and this may be blasphemy to some, but it might have been the series' best season yet. And yeah, the first two seasons were all-time great awesome too.
                                Yeah ... really enjoyed it, but S3 doesn't come close to S1 & S2 IMO. A bit like Fargo ... great season 3, just not quite as great as 1 & 2.

They had much less material and to work with, and as a consequence less intrigue. Because they are going for historical accuracy they couldn't expand on the 2 best characters (Cheppo and Pancho). I almost wanted them to say F^%$ it and make a fictitious S4 based around those characters.

Comment

Working...
                                X