Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can NOT wait for this.

I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Daredevil -- just in time for Season 2. It's dark and I found it initially hard to get into (hence the year-long watch frame), but I ultimately found it worth the while.

Jessica Jones -- she was not a comic character I had heard of, but this was a very well-done series and perfectly sets up for Luke Cage.

Master of None -- Aziz Ansari is great and I found this show to be very amusing. His father is fantastic. Worth a watch.

F is for Family -- a cartoon set in 1973. Only 6 episodes. I found it to be very funny.

Mr. Robot -- started this last night after endless prodding from my buddy, so far I'm four episodes in and it's great. I'd recommend.

Making a Murderer -- it was pretty incredible, but clearly slanted for the defense. Like many others, I googled it afterwards and found many articles which show they left out (on purpose or not) some evidence presented that casts a dimmer light on Steven Avery but shines brighter for his nephew. Taking both what was shown and what wasn't into account, it's easier to see why they convicted Avery but I do believe the nephew got railroaded.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
        Can NOT wait for this.

I am in.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
          Can NOT wait for this.

A google search resulted in this:

Preacher is an upcoming American television series developed by Evan Goldberg, Seth Rogen and Sam Catlin for AMC starring Dominic Cooper. It is an adaptation of the comic book series created by Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon, and published by DC Comics' Vertigo imprint. The series was officially picked up on September 9, 2015, with a ten-episode order and is scheduled to premiere in mid-2016

Looks like we have to wait awhile.

Comment

• Just finished up the second season of Fargo. Good stuff (especially the last 3-4 episodes), but didnt remotely compare to the first season for me. The first season was genius. Comments?

Getting ready to start first two seasons of The Americans next.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
              Just finished up the second season of Fargo. Good stuff (especially the last 3-4 episodes), but didnt remotely compare to the first season for me. The first season was genius. Comments?

Getting ready to start first two seasons of The Americans next.
              I thought Fargo Season 1 was genius, and the second even better

Wolf Hall, my second favourite show of last year, beat Fargo S2 to the Golden Globe. I was hoping that Fargo would win best mini-series, and Mark Rylance would win best actor for Wolf Hall ... that would have been a better outcome IMO. But glad to see Wolf Hall get recognition ... it's not like Fargo needs any help.

I watched all 3 seasons of The Americans last year ... very good stuff.

Comment

• Can someone explain to me why Show Me a Hero got so much attention. I watched all 6 hours of that waiting for something to happen ... nothing. Yes, fine acting, great cast, yes Oscar Isaac is a boss as usual ... but nothing happened. Remove all the main characters, and the scant storyline, and nothing changes to the events. It was a TV movie at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                  I thought Fargo Season 1 was genius, and the second even better

Wolf Hall, my second favourite show of last year, beat Fargo S2 to the Golden Globe. I was hoping that Fargo would win best mini-series, and Mark Rylance would win best actor for Wolf Hall ... that would have been a better outcome IMO. But glad to see Wolf Hall get recognition ... it's not like Fargo needs any help.

I watched all 3 seasons of The Americans last year ... very good stuff.
                  As I watched season 2 I just found myself really missing Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman especially. And there were a lot more laughable moments in the first season where the second was too serious for me and took a while to get going after the first episode. What made S2 better for you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    As I watched season 2 I just found myself really missing Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman especially. And there were a lot more laughable moments in the first season where the second was too serious for me and took a while to get going after the first episode. What made S2 better for you?
                    Maybe better is not the right word because that that would imply criticism of Fargo S1, which was almost flawless.

I guess I wasn't expecting S2 to be as good as S1, because S1 was so damn good. I was also pleased to see the discernible change of style and setting, because recreating S1 would be nigh on impossible. The more serious side of S2 also appealed to me, but the characters were so deep and interesting ... the bizarre relationship between Peggy and Ed, the cop-wife-father-cancer thing, the comic book Kansas City enforcers, the strange North Dakota gang, the Indian, the wonderful side characters like Nick Offerman's conspiracy nut lawyer/philosopher.

All these characters have so much depth that gradually seeps out during the series ... like how Patrick Wilson (Vietnam) and Ted Danson's (WW2) wartime experiences underpins their personalities and behavior, and dealing with that trauma in the light of Betsy's cancer ... in a distinctly Fargoesque way. Little things like that.

Comment

• Started Jessica Jones last night. Only about 1/3 of the way through, but very good stuff so far.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                        Started Jessica Jones last night. Only about 1/3 of the way through, but very good stuff so far.
                        One of the best of last year, and probably my favourite "entertainment-type" show. There were better "serious-drama-type" shows (Fargo, Wolf Hall, Better Call Saul, Narcos), but JJ was definitely one of the most entertaining shows ... great bad guy also.

Comment

• Started watching "Billions" on Showtime. Not a must see but i do pay attention to it instead of reading or playing games while it is on. Paul Giamatti as the US attorney and Damien Lewis and the billionaire investor.

Comment

• Angie Tribeca.

Airplane/Naked Gun type of show.

Not outright hilarious, but funny enough to keep watching.
                            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                              Angie Tribeca.

Airplane/Naked Gun type of show.

Not outright hilarious, but funny enough to keep watching.
                              Watched the first episode yesterday and it was just ok. I didn't laugh out loud once. Maybe I had the bar set too high after I heard some positive reviews. Will give it another try because I do like this kind of humor from time to time.

There are just so many blah shows out there. I heard good reviews about The Expanse, but I've been pretty bored so far. The Legends of Tomorrow will probably take some time to mesh. Watched a little bit of The Colony and it's not too bad either. None of them are must-see though.

Comment

• I watch a ton of TV and there's not a lot out there that is must see for me anymore. Of network stuff, I feel like Elementary and Limitless are the only ones I'm really enjoying. Gotham is decent enough as well. If I had to put together a top 10 list of TV shows on right now, I think I'd have a hard time coming up with 10 I thought should be in any "top" list.
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X