Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    one the few series that keeps it quality up throughout ... looking forward to next season.
    Americans is a show my wife and I try to watch together, when we can. New little ones reduce our duo screen time.

Can't imagining my folks contemplating such an inconvenience.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      I'm on season 2 episode 5 ...
      White Bear?
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
        White Bear?

Comment

• Trigger Happy TV was famous for Inconsiderate Phone guy.

Comment

Trigger Happy TV was famous for Inconsiderate Phone guy.

yep - funny stuff - I show these to my middle school students after school just for fun - we all love the gang of squirrels too

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
              White Bear?
              That one went right over my head

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                yep - funny stuff - I show these to my middle school students after school just for fun - we all love the gang of squirrels too
                Damn ... that was like 15 years ago! Time flies.

Comment

That one went right over my head
                  White Bear is the name of the 5th episode of Black Mirror, and a particularly divisive one in the UK....
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    anyone watching the two new HBO comedies, The Brink & Ballers? The Brink is hysterical; Ballers has been decent enough to continue watching.
                    not sure how I missed it, but just learned that the dude playing Ricky Jerret (dysfunctional WR) on Ballers in Denzel Washington's kid.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I'm probably gonna binge watch all of Netflix's Narcos this weekend. Halfway though, and it's pretty damn good so far.

Comment

I'm probably gonna binge watch all of Netflix's Narcos this weekend. Halfway though, and it's pretty damn good so far.
                        Two episodes in, really enjoying it.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          Two episodes in, really enjoying it.
                          It's excellent all the way.

Really like the theme song also.

Last edited by johnnya24; 09-06-2015, 06:33 AM.

Comment

It's excellent all the way.
                            Just finished Ep #8 and I'm really surprised there are two more episodes.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I can't imagine this will be exceelent, but the dude who is the King was a fellow life guard at the pool I worked summers at all through college. Very nice, "anything for a laugh" kind of guy. Starts tonight but airs all week.

TLC’s latest reality series feels refreshingly human and rather charming. Okay, it’s on TLC, so it still feels like the participants still have a few loose screws rattling around somewh…

'Suddenly Royal' review: TLC's reality show about auto mechanic who believes he's a king is sweetly human

TLC’s latest reality series feels refreshingly human and rather charming.

Okay, it’s on TLC, so it still feels like the participants still have a few loose screws rattling around somewhere. Otherwise there’d be no show, would there, old chap?

David “Drew” Howe is a 45-year-old auto mechanic from Maryland who discovered in 2007 that his ancestry goes back to the last titled king of the Isle of Man, a small British island, in the 14th century.

So he claimed the monarchy for himself, by posting a notice in a British newspaper. When it went unchallenged, he declared himself the presumptive king.

Seven years later, he and his wife Pam saved enough quid to make the trip to claim the throne.

So they start out at the lower end of impoverished royalty, and David, in particular, has manners to match. His ability to “fit into” actual royalty about matches his ability to debate Stephen Hawkings on quantum physics.

All that said, we like him. He has no delusions about who he is, other than maybe the king part, and he’s funny. When his 12-year-old daughter Grace says she’s nervous about the trip, he asks her deadpan if maybe she should just “get all likkered up.”
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Season 2 of Fargo has started very well. Different era (late 70's / early 80's), amazing cast, and also a stylistic shift in direction ... but the same unmistakable Fargo world the Coen Bro's created 20 years ago. Getting a much better vibe from this than I did from True Detective 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X