Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
    Got through the first four episodes of the new season of Orange Is the New Black this weekend. One difference is that it's funnier than previous seasons, the comedy side of things is really shining. Helps that there has been a lot of Boo and Luschek.
    Same here...that garden scene with Boo and Pennsatucky was hilarious.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      Sense8 is the heavily hyped Wachawski Brothers sci fi / supernatural series. I got halfway through the first episode, and then gave up. If you aren't interested in the Wachawshi vision of the world: transgender, BDSM, techno music, druggy coked up characters, convoluted ideas, Xtreme-far-fetchedness
      I watched the first 5 episodes last night. I think I kept watching because I was sure it couldn't continue to be as annoying as it was. It helped that I cared less and less about more of the Sense8's as it went along and I could fast forward through more story lines. I've gotten down to only caring about 3 of them at all. I think I will watch the rest just to prove that there has to be some kind of payoff to this much whiny convoluted set-up.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        I watched the first 5 episodes last night. I think I kept watching because I was sure it couldn't continue to be as annoying as it was. It helped that I cared less and less about more of the Sense8's as it went along and I could fast forward through more story lines. I've gotten down to only caring about 3 of them at all. I think I will watch the rest just to prove that there has to be some kind of payoff to this much whiny convoluted set-up.
        Excellent ... you can watch the rest for me, and then tell me I shouldn't have wasted my time

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
          Got through the first four episodes of the new season of Orange Is the New Black this weekend. One difference is that it's funnier than previous seasons, the comedy side of things is really shining. Helps that there has been a lot of Boo and Luschek.
          Looking forward to this, but I'm not starting it until I have caught up with everything else. I'm still not up to date with the Walking Dead yet (or Mad Men!).

Comment

• Anyone watch Silicon Valley on HBO? Great show.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Anyone watch Silicon Valley on HBO? Great show.
              hey, in music we have our differences.
              BUT
              My whole family is a big fan of Silicon Valley

Comment

Anyone watch Silicon Valley on HBO? Great show.
                I enjoyed season 1, haven't caught up yet.

Comment

• Hannibal is back.

Beautifully filmed, great acting, very disturbing.

I do not miss it when it is on break, but I do not miss it when it is back on.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    I enjoyed season 1, haven't caught up yet.
                    Season 2 is a lot better (and not that Season 1 was bad!) The addition of Chris Diamantopolous was great. If any of you have seen Episodes -- and you all should -- his manic style is similar here.

Comment

Season 2 is a lot better (and not that Season 1 was bad!) The addition of Chris Diamantopolous was great. If any of you have seen Episodes -- and you all should -- his manic style is similar here.
                      Good to hear. I've noticed it's been very high on the torrent charts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        Hannibal is back.

Beautifully filmed, great acting, very disturbing.

I do not miss it when it is on break, but I do not miss it when it is back on.
                        I liked the first season but it just got to be too ridiculous for me.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                          I wanted to give a plug for The Jinx on HBO. I knew very little about the Robert Durst story before this and I think it has been very well done. Episode 5 of 6 is tonight, if you have anytime to check it out on HBO Go or on demand I would do it.
                          watched all 6 this week - all 4 of my family members were totally absorbed with this one - WOW

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            I liked the first season but it just got to be too ridiculous for me.
                            And Hannibal is cancelled. There will be no season 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              And Hannibal is cancelled. There will be no season 4.
                              Will surely be picked up by Netflix or Amazon or something ... it's too good not to be.

The network was probably perplexed about making a show that people actually admired, and didn't know what to do ... so they cancelled it to avoid the confusion.

Comment

• Dark Matter - if you see this show, and think, "hey, I'm a sci fi fan, reckon I'll give this new show a go". Don't. Really really bad. If a bunch of halfwit Hollywood producers got wasted on a massive pile of coke, decided they would try their hand at writing and directing (because, you know, coke) this is the sci fi show they would make.

Comment

Working...
                                X