Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So some of the new shows...

Sleepy Hollow: goofy, fun, could be interesting, could go the route of Under the Dome, Flash Forwrd etc. I thnk it'll be along the lines of Grimm or Once Upon a Time

Brooklyn 99: thought it was funny and he cast seems decent, with good chemistry. Looks like a keeper so far

Dads: hated it. Nothing redeeming about it

Comment

• Boardwalk Empire off to a great start ... plus a new badass gangster, Dr. Valentin Narcisse (Jeffrey Wright). He'll have a long way to go to fill Gyp Rosetti's boots (Bobby Cannavale). Edgar Hoover also making his first appearance. Ron Livingston seems to have a recurring role.

Comment

• So the final season of Dexter was no great shakes, but I did love the ending!

And yeah, no one can fill Bobby Cannavale's shoes on Boardwalk Empire.

EDIT: Strangely, after I posted this, I just found out he won tonight an Emmy for the role, which is deserved. Had no idea he was even nominated.
        Last edited by revo; 09-22-2013, 11:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          So the final season of Dexter was no great shakes, but I did love the ending!
          The ending was good, until that last scene. Ugh.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            The ending was good, until that last scene. Ugh.
            Really? Spoiler below:

Spoiler!

Comment

Really? Spoiler below:

Spoiler!
              Spoiler!
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Anyone watch Marvel's Agents of SHIELD? I have to say I was very disappointed. I thought the cast/characters was turrble. I dunno how much longer I'm gonna give it.

Comment

Anyone watch Marvel's Agents of SHIELD? I have to say I was very disappointed. I thought the cast/characters was turrble. I dunno how much longer I'm gonna give it.
                  I thought it was ok, not great, my friends who are big comic book guys loved it, but they also love Whedon and will love anything he does. All in all I'll give it a few more weeks, but it's gotta make me actually care what happens and right now it really hasn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by usfsucks View Post
                    I thought it was ok, not great, my friends who are big comic book guys loved it, but they also love Whedon and will love anything he does. All in all I'll give it a few more weeks, but it's gotta make me actually care what happens and right now it really hasn't.
                    I really liked S.H.I.E.L.D, but I'm one of those Comic Book/Whedon guys.

I'm already intrigued by what the real story of Tahiti is with Coulson.

Ultimately, I feel like this show might have a bit of a Torchwood vibe too it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                      I really liked S.H.I.E.L.D, but I'm one of those Comic Book/Whedon guys.

I'm already intrigued by what the real story of Tahiti is with Coulson.

Ultimately, I feel like this show might have a bit of a Torchwood vibe too it.
                      Whedon shows have a history of not having the strongest pilots, so I'll give it a long leash. But then again, I used to be a big comic book guy.

Comment

Anyone watch Marvel's Agents of SHIELD? I have to say I was very disappointed. I thought the cast/characters was turrble. I dunno how much longer I'm gonna give it.
                        I only got to see the last 30 minutes, but I was not impressed. I hope it gets better. I did like the Vette at the end.
                        Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• SHIELD doesn't really excite me ... I get the impression it isn't going to work, and it'll end up the same way as other siimilar shows when the ratings start to slide. Then again, if I don't watch it as it airs, then if it does turn out to be good, I'll probably not be bothered to play catch up.

Saw the pilot of Blacklist ... its got potential, though I think they completely destroyed it in the editing room. It felt like there were huge chunks of storyline missing, and it was more than a little preposterous. The first half was good, then it felt like they tried to squeeze 1 hour of story into the second 30 minutes. The end was a mess. Attention to detail is key these days ... we've all been spoiled rotten by BrBa, The Wire and GoT. It's hard to watch a mediocre product after these.

Will probably give Sleepy Hollow a look sometime this week. That doesn't really excite me either.

Also, just caught up with the first episode of season 5 of Modern Familly ... really funny. Several LOL moments, which is rare in a 30 minute network sit com.

What's happened to the formatting?

Comment

• I love trying out new shows and dumping them as I realize I don't like them. I'm trying the following:

We Are Men
                            The Blacklist: DVR'd
                            The Goldbergs (first episode leaves me questioning how far I'll make it...and how far it will make it)
                            Marvel: AoS: DVR'd
                            Dads: Hilarious, I decided to watch this because of Martin Mull and Seth Green
                            Brooklyn 9-9: I'll watch any Andre Braugher show...Andy Samburg isn't making me thrilled with this show
                            The Michael J. Fox Show: My wife watched part of the first episode and already is going to take a pass. I'll watch it soon.
                            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                              I love trying out new shows and dumping them as I realize I don't like them. I'm trying the following:

We Are Men
                              The Goldbergs (first episode leaves me questioning how far I'll make it...and how far it will make it)
                              Brooklyn 9-9: I'll watch any Andre Braugher show...Andy Samburg isn't making me thrilled with this show
                              The Michael J. Fox Show: My wife watched part of the first episode and already is going to take a pass. I'll watch it soon.
                              Yeah, I kinda do the same. Usually one or two make it past two or thee weeks, the rest fall by the wayside.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                                I love trying out new shows and dumping them as I realize I don't like them. I'm trying the following:

We Are Men
                                I do the same, so far here is my list:

Hostages: Enjoyed the first episode, I have no idea how long this show will last though, seems limited with it's storyline
                                Mom: Pretty solid first episode
                                Back in the Game: I really want to like this show because I love James Kaan and the character he is playing is great, I just can't see it lasting
                                Brooklyn Nine-Nine: Loving the first two episodes, looks to be a real solid show
                                Dads: I totally disagree with you on this one, it's awful and I barely made it through the pilot
                                The Goldbergs: Using the Wonder Years format, we'll see if it can last, I want it to but I'm not sure it will
                                Marvel AOS: First episode was OK, but I'm not a comic book junkie
                                Michael J Fox Show: DVR'd, haven't watched yet
                                Trophy Wife: Thoroughly enjoyed the pilot
                                We Are Men: Starts next week

There are a few others I might try if I hear good things about them.

Comment

Working...
                                X