Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Homeland had a promising start ... probably the kiss of death.
    I really liked Homeland and think it has a chance to be very good, at least I hope.

I also watched American Horror and enjoyed it, but like the others said I am not sure it can be more than 1 season.

Walking Dead is back in a little over a week, I can't wait. And yeah Breaking Bad ends this Sunday, it should be awesome.

Comment

• The League starts tonite on FX....I, for one, wont be missing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Pan Am -- stunk

Boardwalk Empire -- excellent

Dexter & Homeland start this Sunday!
        I just watched the pilot episode of Pan Am and very much enjoyed it.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
          I just watched the pilot episode of Pan Am and very much enjoyed it.
          Didja? I've never seen a period show rub your nose so much in the fact that it's a period show. We get that it's 1963. But people in 1963 weren't saying, "wow, this is 1963! This will be so awesome in 50 years!" In Mad Men, things just happened around them. In Pan Am, it's way too 60s hokey -- the whole Bay of Pigs rescue, the new planes, the wide-eyed stewardesses, everyone loves their jobs, the spies, ack. People in 1963 were definitely not happy-go-lucky just because it was 1963.

Comment

• The point I thought Homeland could the real deal: in the pilot, when the Clare Danes character attempted to offer herself to her mentor to prevent him from turning her in. That was brilliant, subtle and very awkward.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Didja? I've never seen a period show rub your nose so much in the fact that it's a period show. We get that it's 1963. But people in 1963 weren't saying, "wow, this is 1963! This will be so awesome in 50 years!" In Mad Men, things just happened around them. In Pan Am, it's way too 60s hokey -- the whole Bay of Pigs rescue, the new planes, the wide-eyed stewardesses, everyone loves their jobs, the spies, ack. People in 1963 were definitely not happy-go-lucky just because it was 1963.
              That's way more thought than i put into it.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

The point I thought Homeland could the real deal: in the pilot, when the Clare Danes character attempted to offer herself to her mentor to prevent him from turning her in. That was brilliant, subtle and very awkward.
                Yeah her character was pretty good. I am looking forward to watching the 2nd episode that I DVR'ed tonight. I also need to watch the season finale of Breaking Bad tonight. It is going to be a good night of TV.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                  Yeah her character was pretty good. I am looking forward to watching the 2nd episode that I DVR'ed tonight. I also need to watch the season finale of Breaking Bad tonight. It is going to be a good night of TV.
                  I will be watching the Bears vs. Lions game. I hope it is a good night for tv.

Comment

• I will be watching the Bears vs. Lions game. I hope it is a good night for my fantasy teams.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                      That's way more thought than i put into it.
                      really?
                      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Claire Danes was excellent in Temple Grandin. That's worth checking out if you are looking for a movie to watch ... not that you are ever wanting for something to watch!

Comment

Claire Danes was excellent in Temple Grandin. That's worth checking out if you are looking for a movie to watch ... not that you are ever wanting for something to watch!
                          haha, yeah my DVR is pretty consistently in the 80% full range.

Of the new shows, I am not sure anything is sticking besides Homeland. I am going to keep watching Person of Interest, but nothing else that was new is really sticking. I am hopeful that Hell on Wheels is going to be good too.

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                            really?
                            yeah really.

Comment

haha, yeah my DVR is pretty consistently in the 80% full range.

Of the new shows, I am not sure anything is sticking besides Homeland. I am going to keep watching Person of Interest, but nothing else that was new is really sticking. I am hopeful that Hell on Wheels is going to be good too.
                              Forgot American Horror, liked that too.

Comment

Forgot American Horror, liked that too.
                                I've thought Prime Suspect has been decent. Same crime procedural, but the characters seem decent so far. Sort of has the same feel for me that Detroit 1-8-7 had last season, although I think Detroit was a better show.
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X