No announcement yet.

Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally watched the first season of Scandal. Lost me at times but pretty entertaining.

Comment

• Finished the first season of The Americans. Thought it got better and better as the season went on and really thought it was top-notch. I'd take it over the second season of Homeland.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
        Finished the first season of The Americans. Thought it got better and better as the season went on and really thought it was top-notch. I'd take it over the second season of Homeland.
        I'm watching Hannibal right now ... it's very good so far.

When you say The Americans gets better ... in what way?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post

When you say The Americans gets better ... in what way?
          It had a good start but you never know how shows will take shape. I thought they built out the plot in a very smart way and the characters became a lot more interesting as you learned more about them. I like the undercurrent of paranoia and fear -- both in the larger sense of the US vs the Soviet Union -- and between the characters themselves, with no one being sure who they can trust. I'm impressed with shows that can develop fairly complex, three-dimensional characters and I thought they accomplished that nicely.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
            It had a good start but you never know how shows will take shape. I thought they built out the plot in a very smart way and the characters became a lot more interesting as you learned more about them. I like the undercurrent of paranoia and fear -- both in the larger sense of the US vs the Soviet Union -- and between the characters themselves, with no one being sure who they can trust. I'm impressed with shows that can develop fairly complex, three-dimensional characters and I thought they accomplished that nicely.
            I probably will check it out again. Found the opening couple of episodes a bit cold and unreal.

Finding it hard to believe Hannibal is a network made show. It has all the hallmarks of a top drawer cable show, not a network show. I'm impressed so far (3 episodes in)

Comment

Finding it hard to believe Hannibal is a network made show.
              NBC at that, which is really hard to believe.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• I just saw the season 2 finale of Breaking Bad, looking forward to more
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                  I just saw the season 2 finale of Breaking Bad, looking forward to more
                  It just gets better.

Comment

It just gets better.
                    that's what I've heard.....

I'm trying to decide what to consume after Breaking Bad, I might finish up Mad Men (only got to the end of season 3), but am also thinking of Homeland or House of Cards. I have people telling me to get on Justified as well.....my wife says I need to watch Orphan Black, and I'll rip through season 3 of Game of Thrones when it gets to disk.

Did anyone watch Carnivale? Anyone watching Treme?
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                      that's what I've heard.....

I'm trying to decide what to consume after Breaking Bad, I might finish up Mad Men (only got to the end of season 3), but am also thinking of Homeland or House of Cards. I have people telling me to get on Justified as well.....my wife says I need to watch Orphan Black, and I'll rip through season 3 of Game of Thrones when it gets to disk.

Did anyone watch Carnivale? Anyone watching Treme?
                      1. House of Cards (brilliant ... no brainer)
                      2. Mad Men (I prefer to save up Mad Men also)
                      3. Hannibal (not on your list, but very good)
                      4. Justified (I got up to season 3 ... it's good but not top top tier)

Watched the first 2 seasons of Treme. Once you get into it, it's very good ... but it takes some patience. I haven't seen season 3 yet.

Homeland, very good season 1, utter drivel season 2. But worth watching for Season 1.

Heard good things about Orphan Black also, but haven't seen it. I also never watched Carnivale, though I have been meaning to. It's hard to motivate yourself to watch series that were prematurely cancelled.

Comment

• Thanksgiving last year my sister mentioned 'The Killing' as a series I might like. S01 EP08 and it is pretty good IMO. Given they got 3 seasons (and still running) I am looking forward to this show.

Comment

• Thanksgiving last year my sister mentioned 'The Killing' as a series I might like. S01 EP08 and it is pretty good IMO. Given they got 3 seasons (and still running) I am looking forward to this show.

And it looks like I am 2 years too late (type first, search later!)

Comment

It's hard to motivate yourself to watch series that were prematurely cancelled.
                            I feel this way about Deadwood.
                            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                              Hmm... while I wish there had been more deadwood, I'm not sure I feel like there was anything left unresolved. Or maybe unresolved is the wrong term... life just goes on and we saw what we saw. I don't remember it ending with any sort of cliff-hanger. The characters you got to meet were worth watching the show.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                                Deadwood does feel like it has a wrap up though, even though the complete story wasn't told. It really sucks that we didn't get the rest, but a most of the main plot-lines that evolved through the first 3 seasons came together at the end of Season 3 giving a sense of closure.

Comment

Working...
                                X