Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
    It's $6 a month, which is not inconsequential. But you can stream all CBS shows. I get to catch up on the late night stuff which I otherwise would not be able to see. There are a couple of regular network shows I like. Plus there are some classic shows available which are fun to check out every once in a while.

One feature is that you can watch every Star Trek show ever broadcast: Star Trek: The Original Series, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager, and Star Trek: Enterprise. That probably doesn't appeal to most, but sometimes there just isn't anything on. Or sometimes I just need to see "The Inner Light".
    yeah, it's probably not going to make a difference in my life... just annoyed to be paying (and I'm not, RJEL Girl pays for almost all of them) for NetFlix, Amazon Prime and Hulu already on top of Cable... one more just seems like too much...
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• What the hell happened to The Walking Dead ? It's barely watchable anymore.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        What the hell happened to The Walking Dead ? It's barely watchable anymore.
        I quit when the blond girl they developed for 3/4 seasons got killed off for no apparent reason ... other than to kill off a character.

Comment

• I started the current season of Mr. Robot this week ... if you're sitting on the fence it's worth checking out, if no other reason than an awesome 2 minute rant in the middle.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
            I started the current season of Mr. Robot this week ... if you're sitting on the fence it's worth checking out, if no other reason than an awesome 2 minute rant in the middle.
            I liked Season 1, but I just could not get through Season 2. I started recording Season 3, but decided I’d probably never be able to bring myself to start watching it, so I just deleted them all.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              I quit when the blond girl they developed for 3/4 seasons got killed off for no apparent reason ... other than to kill off a character.
              My wife and I quit after they killed off Glen. Not because they killed him off, but because it was so brutal and graphic.

Comment

• Anyone watching the new Curb Your Enthusiasm season? I don't have any way of watching it, but have watched the first two episodes at my daughters house.

First episode was just ok. I loved the second episode.
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  Anyone watching the new Curb Your Enthusiasm season? I don't have any way of watching it, but have watched the first two episodes at my daughters house.

First episode was just ok. I loved the second episode.
                  It's been good, not great. I thought the first episode was the best ("You got foisted!")

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    It's been good, not great. I thought the first episode was the best ("You got foisted!")
                    And Leon as Larry's assistant was excellent.
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Some Netflix thoughts:

Thought Mindhunter was top notch, and well worth the effort. Plus Anna Torv.

The Sinner ... has to be a mini series right? Unless they make a recurring series from the Bill Pullman character ... which I wouldn't recommend. Jessica Biel is the stand out. Saying that, I thought it was darn good thriller. If it had've been a movie (which maybe it should have been) it would have made a decent thriller.

A couple of episodes into Godless, and I'm pretty impressed so far. Jeff Daniels is superb.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        And Leon as Larry's assistant was excellent.
                        Leon's the best part of the series.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Leon's the best part of the series.
                          No doubt. He stole that show.

Although the Funk man is great too.

Comment

• The second season of American Crime Story started last night -- "The Assassination of Gianni Versace." Awesome start. This series is so well done and cast.

And FYI, "The Alienist" starts next week on TNT, based on the great 1994 novel by Caleb Carr.

Comment

• Thought that Altered Carbon was very good.

Comment

• Anyone watching Waco? Extremely well done.

Comment

Working...
                                X