Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news for Game of Thrones fans:

HBO demonstrated its love for Game of Thrones early, even before the show became a certified water-cooler phenomenon. The cable net ordered a second season of the show a mere two days after the series premiered last April. The show received critical praise and solid ratings, not to mention earning a pretty die-hard fan base. Now, with the second season set to return in April 2012, rumors are swirling that HBO is considering making an even more serious commitment to the show. The Game of Thrones fansite Winter-Is-Coming.net is reporting that HBO may be thinking about ordering not one, but two more seasons of the show, and that they would shoot back-to-back.

The site claims to have heard the news from multiple sources, and says that the film crew in Northern Ireland has been told to expect to shoot for nine months next year

Comment

• Latest Boardwalk Empire episode was seriously messed up ...

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        Latest Boardwalk Empire episode was seriously messed up ...
        Agreed, I'm really curious to see where they take Jimmy's story and if it'll get resolved in the last episode. An excellent season.

I'm still waiting for Hell on Wheels to take off. It's all done well, looks nice, but it's overall kind of dull. They really need to start taking the story somewhere.

Comment

• Anyone watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia this season? It's been a really good run this year.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
            I'm still waiting for Hell on Wheels to take off. It's all done well, looks nice, but it's overall kind of dull. They really need to start taking the story somewhere.
            I hung with it for about 4 episodes, but it just didn't grab me. Love The Swede, but other than that, it didn't show much. Too bad -- it looked promising and I like westerns.

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
            -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              Anyone watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia this season? It's been a really good run this year.
              Yep, it's been a really good season. I love the League too, but it's not been as funny as in the past.

Comment

• So I watched the first series of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia over the last week. Thought is was good. Then in the first episode on the second series, Danny De Vito appeared ... I hate Danny De Vito.

Is it worth sticking with it? ... and if possible, tell me why and how Danny De Vito doesn't suck

Comment

So I watched the first series of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia over the last week. Thought is was good. Then in the first episode on the second series, Danny De Vito appeared ... I hate Danny De Vito.

Is it worth sticking with it? ... and if possible, tell me why and how Danny De Vito doesn't suck
                  It is definitely worth sticking with!! The show gets better and better with DeVito, Season 5 is AWESOME!! He fits right into the gang..but if Devito is not your cup o tay then the show might not be for you..although the other 4 characters are hilarious..this is my favorite show on TV..
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

So I watched the first series of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia over the last week. Thought is was good. Then in the first episode on the second series, Danny De Vito appeared ... I hate Danny De Vito.

DeVito is awesome in "Sunny", wait until you get to the "Anything Goes" episode.
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• The new It's Always season has been a mixed bag for me. The Jersey shore episode was awesome and the Game of Games was pretty damn good as well, but the one about Frank's brother was just dumb and some of them have been shocking rather than funny. Seasons 2 and 3 were the gold standard for me although the show's been quite solid throughout it's entire run.

As for De Vito, he gets more and more debaucherous as the seasons go on which is endlessly funny and slightly disturbing.

Comment

• Due to a lot of school work, I had to pause season four of Breaking Bad after episode four. I'm finally catching up during winter break and all I have to say is that I have found Keyser Söze:

Comment

• Danny De Vito

Finally starting to warm to him ... the basement Russian Roulette scene was brilliant.

Edit: which I think was the Anything Goes episode FB referred to.

Comment

Danny De Vito

Finally starting to warm to him ... the basement Russian Roulette scene was brilliant.

Edit: which I think was the Anything Goes episode FB referred to.
                            Bingo....
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• I think many of you guys gave up on it, but Boardwalk Empire's second season was excellent. Yesterday's finale was completely shocking.

Comment

• Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                                Due to a lot of school work, I had to pause season four of Breaking Bad after episode four. I'm finally catching up during winter break and all I have to say is that I have found Keyser Söze:

Jumped on BB just a few weeks back. I watched seasons 1-3 in THREE DAYS... I was soooooo hooked and they were on Netflix Instant. I just finished season 4 about 10 days ago and oh wow, what an amazing, amazing, amazing show. I absolutely love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X