Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Yup ... and superbly executed. This series has boiled up brilliantly so far. Of course it doesn't make sense without the convergence of story-lines, but that was the best episode yet.

Spoiler (whited out): If I were one of the crew, I'd turn the gun on the farmer next ... knowing that the girl was in the barn and yet letting people go out and risk their lives looking for her
    If you watched Talking Dead (I didn't but read about it in some other blogs), apparently he wasn't aware of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
      If you watched Talking Dead (I didn't but read about it in some other blogs), apparently he wasn't aware of that.
      Yes, my co-worker, who has read the comics points out that it was Otis who took care of those things (trying to be vague here as to not give away what was whited out by johnny).
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
        it was Otis who took care of those things
        Until those things took care of Otis.
        “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
        -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• [idiot]We should have a spoilers TV thread ...[/idiot]

EDIT: to reject my own stupid suggestion ...

Comment

• Apparently the ratings for Boss are not good. It has already been green lit for the second season ... I really hope they don't back-track, because this is the best new show on TV right now ... better than Homeland IMO (it's marginal ... but I have this feeling that Homeland is going to get stupid soon ... I hope not ... I just sense it might turn into a slightly smarter 24 clone)

Comment

Apparently the ratings for Boss are not good. It has already been green lit for the second season ... I really hope they don't back-track, because this is the best new show on TV right now ... better than Homeland IMO (it's marginal ... but I have this feeling that Homeland is going to get stupid soon ... I hope not ... I just sense it might turn into a slightly smarter 24 clone)
              That last episode was so intense.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Just had another thought about the ending of the last episode of The Walking Dead ... I wonder
                They sure found her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wonderboy View Post
                  Until those things took care of Otis.
                  Actually that Shane. Herschel mentions that it was Otis that "took care" of those things in this episode.

Comment

• Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                    Actually that Shane. Herschel mentions that it was Otis that "took care" of those things in this episode.
                    But surely someone had to know ... the time-frame was merely days. Maybe it'll get argued out in the next episode.

That is a pretty huge climax to have considering we are only halfway through the season ... if the second half can better that we are in for a treat.

Comment

But surely someone had to know ... the time-frame was merely days. Maybe it'll get argued out in the next episode.

That is a pretty huge climax to have considering we are only halfway through the season ... if the second half can better that we are in for a treat.
                      Think about it this way... spoilers in white below.

Sophia goes missing. Carl gets shot. Otis gets killed. That can't be more than four days in the show's timeline can it? I'm pretty sure within 48 hours after Sophia goes missing, Carl gets shot.

Comment

• Just saw the mid-season finale of The Walking Dead, and I agree -- awesome, although I had a strong feeling she was in there. Still, a great conclusion.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Just saw the mid-season finale of The Walking Dead, and I agree -- awesome, although I had a strong feeling she was in there. Still, a great conclusion.
                          Is it continuing next week ... or after the new year? That's the second time I've heard "mid-season" finale used in a semi-official term.

Also ... in looking for the answer I discovered that there was a 6-part webisode that preceded season 2 ... have to hunt that down.

Comment

Is it continuing next week ... or after the new year? That's the second time I've heard "mid-season" finale used in a semi-official term.

Also ... in looking for the answer I discovered that there was a 6-part webisode that preceded season 2 ... have to hunt that down.
                            New season begins Feb 12.

Comment

• How cool is this ... David Milch (creator of Deadwood) and HBO will be converting a number of Williams Faulkner novels into movies and TV series'.

Comment

• hmmm, I think they were mixing up "Sound and the Fury" with "Absalom, Absalom", Quentin isn't schitzo, he's just a [email protected] isn't schitzo either in SATF, he has autism....
                                Last edited by Fresno Bob; 12-02-2011, 04:09 PM. Reason: I know more about Faulkner than the editor of the article
                                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                                X