Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    I'm saving up the final 2 episodes of Breaking Bad and the first 2 of Boardwalk Empire for next week ... will probably also line up the final episode from season 1 of Boardwalk as a reminder.

Looks like being a good season ... lots of quality shows out there.
    The last episode of Breaking Bad was insane, I can't believe you guys let me have that at the end of round 2!!
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      I'm disappointed in the quality of the new shows. As of now, only Person of Interest is sticking, and I'm sure Homeland will as well. Thankfully I found some decent shows on the Food and Travel Networks!!
      If even a couple of the new shows are good, I probably won't have time to keep up *FraeScoffs*

Boardwalk Empire
      Dexter
      House
      Walking Dead
      Hell On Wheels (Nov)
      American Dad
      Hung

And I'll try:

Homeland
      Boss
      Person of Interest
      Prime Suspect
      Enlightened
      Last edited by johnnya24; 09-28-2011, 06:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        I'm disappointed in the quality of the new shows. As of now, only Person of Interest is sticking, and I'm sure Homeland will as well. Thankfully I found some decent shows on the Food and Travel Networks!!
        I'm really disappointed in the Travel Channel lately. They should just rename it the Food and Ghost channel because there are hardly any actual travel shows on there. Unless you count going to Philly to get a cheesesteak "travel". Guess I'll have to stick with PBS for any real travel shows.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          The last episode of Breaking Bad was insane, I can't believe you guys let me have that at the end of round 2!!
          I couldn't pick Breaking Bad ahead of Twin Peaks and Deadwood ... so direct your gloating at the other folks

Looking forward to the last 2 eps ... but it's been a struggle not to watch Sunday's episode ... the second half of this season has been insane.
          Last edited by johnnya24; 09-28-2011, 08:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
            I couldn't pick Breaking Bad ahead of Twin Peaks and Deadwood ... so direct your gloating at the other folks

Looking forward to the last 2 eps ... but it's been a struggle not to watch Sunday's episode ... the second half of this season has been insane.
            I never saw Twin Peaks so can't comment. Deadwood is one of my all-time favorites as well, but I'm absolutely certain that Breaking Bad will actually have an ending so it will ultimately rank higher for me...it's already top 5 on my board.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Suburgatory = a show about the suburbs written by people who have never lived in the suburbs, or hate them, or both. Jeremy Sisto deserves better.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• X-Factor is just a terrible American Idol clone. Completely milking it for every tear. I'd think that every 2-hour episode features about 15 minutes worth of actual singing. Other than the live audience and the no-age limit, it's exactly like Idol. I'm trying so hard to convince my wife to let me erase this from the DVR schedule.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                  Suburgatory = a show about the suburbs written by people who have never lived in the suburbs, or hate them, or both. Jeremy Sisto deserves better.
                  I saw just a snippet of it tonight on accident, seriously, Billy Chenowith would murder that guy.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                    X-Factor is just a terrible American Idol clone. Completely milking it for every tear. I'd think that every 2-hour episode features about 15 minutes worth of actual singing. Other than the live audience and the no-age limit, it's exactly like Idol. I'm trying so hard to convince my wife to let me erase this from the DVR schedule.
                    I saw a bit, and got frustrated with all the commercials and the sob story music for dramatic effect. But then again, these things have always annoyed me about mainstream US TV. Besides, the winner is already pretty much decided as far as I can see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqjroNlL4pI

I'm so glad you guys have taken Simon Cowell full time (HAHA ). He has committed so many musical atrocities ... and I'm not even talking about his Pop Idol / X Factor career.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      I saw just a snippet of it tonight on accident, seriously, Billy Chenowith would murder that guy.
                      So would Detective Lupo.
                      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                        X-Factor is just a terrible American Idol clone. Completely milking it for every tear. I'd think that every 2-hour episode features about 15 minutes worth of actual singing. Other than the live audience and the no-age limit, it's exactly like Idol. I'm trying so hard to convince my wife to let me erase this from the DVR schedule.
                        I like American Idol, and I could not sit through the first hour of this knockoff. I have secretly punted it from the DVR, hope my wife won't notice.

Comment

• Anyone catch American Horror Story last night? On one hand I thought it was pretty damn interesting and tense... on the other I thought, I hope this doesn't go on forever. It seems like it would make a really good mini-series, but I can't imagine watching it for 3 seasons.
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• What did everyone think of Homeland? This one has instantly become a must-watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                              Anyone catch American Horror Story last night? On one hand I thought it was pretty damn interesting and tense... on the other I thought, I hope this doesn't go on forever. It seems like it would make a really good mini-series, but I can't imagine watching it for 3 seasons.
                              I agree with your assessment pretty much. It was pretty spooky and interesting at times and silly at others. It would probably be better as a mini-series or maybe a different house and cast every season even.

Comment

• Homeland had a promising start ... probably the kiss of death.

Comment

Working...
                                X