Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frae
    Nikita 8 PM CW September 23rd –Maggie Q kicking butt and looking good. Friday night is usually god-awful and Nikita is not highbrow TV, but it is solid entertainment on a night with nothing else.
    if you are watching Nikita over Fringe, you are making a massive mistake.

edit: looked at your google doc and saw that you dont think you can get into Fringe now. If you started from the beginning, you could cut out over half of season 1 and 2 and get 95% of the continuing storyline. I havent gone back to look over season three yet but I imagine there are many episodes that can be dumped if youre pressed for time.
    Last edited by cardboardbox; 09-14-2011, 02:45 PM.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• surprised it's still available ...
      1.08 Star Trek, The Next Generation
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Is anyone actually interested in a TV draft? We could use decades, not letters. Something like 5 shows from each decade and a few wild cards?

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
          surprised it's still available ...
          1.08 Star Trek, The Next Generation
          It's a vintage TV draft, so you want to be looking for your QUIZY(X)'s not your BCMSW's

If you can convince people that it's The Next Generation you might have some good value there

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
            Is anyone actually interested in a TV draft? We could use decades, not letters. Something like 5 shows from each decade and a few wild cards?
            count me in.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• I watched the first episodes today of Up All Night and Free Agents. As a father with a new baby I can certainly relate to a lot in Up All Night, so I thought it was a pretty good, solid first episode. I'll definitely give it a few more views. Can't say the same for Free Agents, which I thought was obnoxious and annoying.

Comment

• last season of Entourage sucked donkey d--k

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                  Is anyone actually interested in a TV draft? We could use decades, not letters. Something like 5 shows from each decade and a few wild cards?
                  In....

Comment

• why does it never fail that the chick with the great rack is the first one to go on Survivor? That's like the third or fourth time that's happened. What Survivor needs to do to overcome that is just add more chicks with great racks.

Comment

• Hung is excellent ... on to season 2 now. I heartily recommend .

Comment

• 'Up All Night' had a couple somewhat funny lines but overall it was pretty awful. I might give it one more shot.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Make sure you guys catch "A football Life" part 1 aired last night. It followed Bellich during the 99 season. It was excellent and ironically had some funny parts.

One of them was during Preseason Wes Welker the regular punt returner for the Pats was hurt and a rookie named Jullian Edelman was the punt returner for the game and after they showed him return a punt for a TD. BB says to Welker, every hear of Wally Pipp? Welker did not have a clue and BB say he was the guy who was the 1B before Lou Gehrig...Welker says to BB he can have the job and BB says to him "way to compete."

Comment

• Thought Hawaii 5-0 remake was good but not great in its rookie season.

But the Season 2 premiere the other day, just watched it on DVR - wow, that was impressive.
                            Haven't seen "Lost," but I think someone said the bald white guy from that show is the new guy on this one.

Not a lot in common with the original 1970s show beyond the character names. Nice touch turning "Kono" from a fat, middle-aged local guy into a smokin', surfboard-totin' Grace Park in this version. Yowza.
                            Last edited by Judge Jude; 09-22-2011, 09:41 PM.
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              'Up All Night' had a couple somewhat funny lines but overall it was pretty awful. I might give it one more shot.
                              The writing is just terrible, which is a huge disappointment given the cast and premise. It's Three's Company-level bad.
                              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                                Thought Hawaii 5-0 remake was good but not great in its rookie season.

But the Season 2 premiere the other day, just watched it on DVR - wow, that was impressive.
                                Haven't seen "Lost," but I think someone said the bald white guy from that show is the new guy on this one.

Not a lot in common with the original 1970s show beyond the character names. Nice touch turning "Kono" from a fat, middle-aged local guy into a smokin', surfboard-totin' Grace Park in this version. Yowza.
                                The season finale of last year really raised the bar. It went from being a pleasant procedural to something much more than that. Both the bald dude and the Asian guy without the glasses were on Lost. The Asian guy with the glasses was on Heroes.
                                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X