Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
    I bet it was me, I'm a huge Shield fan. Just you wait, it gets even better, how far have you gotten?
    Well then, Thank you!!

We finished it a few weeks ago. Did not see the ending going that way at all! Tremendous show. Now easily one of my top ten of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Well then, Thank you!!

We finished it a few weeks ago. Did not see the ending going that way at all! Tremendous show. Now easily one of my top ten of all time.
      I still think that the only thing that compares to those last 2 episodes is the ending of Breaking Bad
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I still think that the only thing that compares to those last 2 episodes is the ending of Breaking Bad
        Which we are in season two (about half way) right now. Will watch 2 or 3 episodes later today.

So far we are enjoying it very much.

Comment

• Anyone watching Lovecraft Country on HBO? I think it's fantastic so far, and Jurnee Smollett is not hard to look at either. Fantastic cast all around including Omar.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Finished Breaking Bad last night. It was very well done on all fronts. I certainly see why it was so highly rated.

There is a follow up movie called El Camino that we will be watching tonight or sometime this weekend.

Comment

Finished Breaking Bad last night. It was very well done on all fronts. I certainly see why it was so highly rated.

There is a follow up movie called El Camino that we will be watching tonight or sometime this weekend.
              I'm one who thinks Breaking Bad is the greatest TV drama of all time, but that said, I found El Camino to be boring and pointless.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                I'm one who thinks Breaking Bad is the greatest TV drama of all time, but that said, I found El Camino to be boring and pointless.
                Agreed on El Camino, and Breaking Bad, even at #2 all-time, can't hold a candle to The Wire.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Disappointing to read about El Camino. Thanks for the warning.

Justified, Sopranos, and The Shield are my top 3. Breaking Bad is right up there.

I think The Wire might be up next.

Comment

Disappointing to read about El Camino. Thanks for the warning.

Justified, Sopranos, and The Shield are my top 3. Breaking Bad is right up there.

I think The Wire might be up next.
                    Nice...I recently re-watched Breaking Bad and The Wire back-to-back and there just isn't a comparison IMO. I also recently re-wathed The Sopranos and it's great as well. It is unfortunate that The Wire's worst season by far was its last because it gives an opening for other shows to make a run at GOAT.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      Nice...I recently re-watched Breaking Bad and The Wire back-to-back and there just isn't a comparison IMO. I also recently re-wathed The Sopranos and it's great as well. It is unfortunate that The Wire's worst season by far was its last because it gives an opening for other shows to make a run at GOAT.
                      Loved The Wire and while I am certainly in the minority on this, but I felt it was a bit overrated. Maybe because I watched it after hearing all the hype, and I did in fact start with the final season and then went back and watched the entire series run. But it's different than Breaking Bad in that each season had different story arcs, while Breaking Bad just went start to finish with the one single storyline.

Comment

Disappointing to read about El Camino. Thanks for the warning.
                        If you haven't already watched it, Better Call Saul is a good follow up to Breaking Bad.

Comment

• No one giving Lovecraft Country a try, or no one else liking it?
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            No one giving Lovecraft Country a try, or no one else liking it?
                            I'm watching and enjoying it.

Comment

• Cobra Kai is cheesy yet enjoyable. Binged 4 episodes last night on Netflix.

Comment

• Mad Men is my favorite TV show. Is it in the conversation for the "greatest"? I think it should be.
                                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                                X