No announcement yet.

The Big Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now Pacquiao's corner are saying he has a shoulder injury and was denied an antiinflammatory injection prior to the bout. I suppose that might explain Pacquiao's one dimensional attacks, and lack of combinations. That one time he hurt Mayweather, and opened up on him on the ropes, he actually backed off ... can't recall seeing Pacman back off to an opponent who wasn't fighting back. So I dunno, maybe.

Comment

Before this fight happened yesterday, I heard someone refer to this as the greatest fight of all time.

I scoffed.
      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Vegas was a mad house last night. I choose to watch the Avengers movie in the morning then go to see Claire sin Claire in Pin-up. Missed all the BS and was home with a beer by 11:30
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          Vegas was a mad house last night. I choose to watch the Avengers movie in the morning then go to see Claire sin Claire in Pin-up. Missed all the BS and was home with a beer by 11:30
          Movie, strippers and beer. Sounds good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            My brother's in-laws are Filipino so they were very excited for the fight... the food was fantastic. They were all cheering very loudly throughout (apparently mayweather cheated a good bit). All except for my 5 year old niece who decided she wanted the bald man to win and couldn't be swayed. they all left sad and I left very full.
            I hope there was plenty of lumpia - one of my best friends is Filipina and her mom makes some amazing batches. We were roommates for a short stint and there was always lumpia in the freezer - sooooo good.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              I thought for a second, "you sly old devil, did you put a ring on it?" ... then realised, probably your sister/brothers in laws.

Cheating .... nah ... Mayweather held and muscled Pacquiao a bit, but nothing out of the ordinary.
              my brother is married to a Filipino girl... they had a party with all her family over.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                I hope there was plenty of lumpia - one of my best friends is Filipina and her mom makes some amazing batches. We were roommates for a short stint and there was always lumpia in the freezer - sooooo good.
                oddly, no lumpia. there was some noddle dish that was delicious... rice, bbq steak and salmon, some fried thing that I wasn't so sure about... lots of stuff.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

The Klitschko era is over. I don't know if he'll retire, but he didn't look his usual dominant self.

Typically, another uninspiring heavyweight contest. But definitely the right result.

Comment

Fury v Wilder

That was a great fight. How the judges came up with that result I've no idea.

Fury looked to be lights out in that last round. Amazing to get back on his feet, let alone rock Wilder and dominate the end of the round.

Comment

Working...
                    X