No announcement yet.

Neil Young song draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's credited playing the banjo on "For the Turnstiles," but I don't know if it was a real banjo or a "guitjo."

James Taylor played the banjo part on the studio version of "Old Man." Neil's guitar tech, Larry Cragg, plays it when Neil performs it live.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• And I'm not a bit surprised that you would know all of that.

"For the Turnstiles" is one of my favorites, both lyrically and musically, even though the instrumentation and arrangement are sparse.

My recollection is that it sounds like a banjo on that track, with the finger picking style, but I'll have to give it a fresh listen. Not that I need an excuse. I consider it a baseball song, even though there aren't that many baseball lyrics. Of course, the baseball verse ties everything together with the reference to turnstiles.

Comment

• Can't bring back Bob without bringing back old Neil.

New Neil Young & Crazy Horse cover record called Americana coming out.

Neil Young is back with Crazy Horse for an album of US folk songs – plus his take on the British national anthem

The video in that link has the entire record ... but it is likely area restricted. You can find a bunch of the songs on YouTube: Neil Young Americana

I'm sure you can find a US version around somewhere.

Comment

• Must be memoir season or something ... this should be a great read

Singer embraces sobriety as he prepares to publish his memoir, Waging Heavy Peace

Neil Young has given up smoking cannabis and drinking alcohol to write his forthcoming memoir.

"I did it for 40 years," the singer told the New York Times. "Now I want to see what it's like to not do it. It's just a different perspective."
          Also a new original record out at the end of Oct.

Comment

• I have to say i am disappointed in his setlist for this tour. Simply not enough songs.

From an August show:

Love and Only Love
            Powderfinger
            Born In Ontario
            Walk Like a Giant
            The Needle and the Damage Done
            (Neil Young solo)
            Twisted Road
            (Neil Young solo)
            Ramada Inn
            Cinnamon Girl
            ****in' Up
            Psychedelic Pill
            Hey Hey, My My (Into the Black)
            Encore:
            Mr. Soul
            (Buffalo Springfield song)
            Roll Another Number
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• The new record consists of 9 songs over TWO CDs. That means most titles you don't recognize are probably somewhere between 10 and 20 minutes.

You can't expect quantity when he tours with Crazy Horse.

Comment

• No Down By The River ...

Comment

• FYI.

Neil has released an Autobiography. "Waging Heavy Peace". I am reading as i find the time. Finished the first few chapters..Like Neil's music it's all over the place..in a good way.
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    FYI.

Neil has released an Autobiography. "Waging Heavy Peace". I am reading as i find the time. Finished the first few chapters..Like Neil's music it's all over the place..in a good way.
                    I'll have to pick this up on the way home. I just hope it's not on the top or bottom shelf of the bookstore! Hell will be unleashed.

Comment

• Enjoy..

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        Enjoy..

I am pretty sure I posted this somewhere before. I went back a few pages and did not see it in this thread.

I am surprised no one commented on this. Am I the only one who thinks this is funny and that Fallon was spot on?

I would love to hear Fallon and Young do something together.

Comment

• Looking at the list, Rust Never Sleeps simply rules.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Johnny, you heard the new CSNY 1974 release yet? The version of Revolution Blues on there is stellar.

Comment

• And finally an official release for "Pushed It Over the End"!

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                                Johnny, you heard the new CSNY 1974 release yet? The version of Revolution Blues on there is stellar.
                                Nope, and this is the first I'm hearing of such a thing

Comment

Working...
                                X