No announcement yet.

Neil Young song draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowie would be a good pick. I think the genre drafts are a good idea. Jazz from '20 to '75; Jazz from '76 forward; blues since '60; Norwegian black metal; funk; country prior to 1985; the possibilities are almost endless.

Comment

• Definitely sign me up for a Bowie draft. I'd think about the 'world' one, definite pass on REM and Pearl Jam. As a veteran of the Beatles, Floyd and Zep drafts I'd pass on those too.
      One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

• Up to 5 for Bowie, me likey!
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
          Pearl Jam has only nine studio albums. That would get thin very quick. REM at least has 15 studio albums to work with.

We've done Beatles, Floyd, Zep already. There aren't that many artists who have enough output, have been around along for different generations to become familiar with them, and be diverse enough to instill in people strong feelings about the material.
          I think 20 years, 9 studio albums and Lost Dogs (which is a double CD of 30 unreleased tracks containing some of their greatest tracks) is more than enough.

Comment

• 11.08 Wrecking Ball (Freedom, 1989)

Comment

• My pick:

12.01 Don't Be Denied (Time Fades Away, 1973)

Please see all my comments from above regarding Time Fades Away.

I took "Last Dance" first, but "Don't Be Denied" is even better in some ways, It tells a story of a young man growing up in Canada, wanting to one day be a rock and roll star. The song can get into your head, and you can find yourself replaying it mentally over and over. Interesting guitar. Even if you didn't listen to "Last Dance", I recommend this one.

Comment

• My son recommended a "decade" draft, or even a particular year, regardless of genre. 1970 was massive, 1974 bit the weenie. 1985, who knows? The '90s?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                  My son recommended a "decade" draft, or even a particular year, regardless of genre. 1970 was massive, 1974 bit the weenie. 1985, who knows? The '90s?
                  Yea we did a noughties draft.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

• I would also do The Kinks. They have a long, long career that's all over the map stylistically.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• 12.02 Lotta Love (Live Rust, 1979)

Oh, forget Nicolette ever covered the song. This was a sweet-as-pie highlight of Live Rust.
                      One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

• Since we have two votes for ending the draft at 15 rounds and no votes for extending it, the draft will end at 15 rounds unless anyone wishes to reopen the discussion.
                        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• 12.03 - don't cry

another dark and depraved one from "freedom." neil rocks it live here -

~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                            I would also do The Kinks. They have a long, long career that's all over the map stylistically.
                            Good call, love the Kinks.
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Here's an idea: Soundtrack draft!
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• 12.04 - "Mellow My Mind" (Tonight's the Night, 1975)

Another heartbreaking request for that ever-elusive love Neil's always looking for.

Normally I just post the album version, but I quite liked this live version of just Neil and his banjo.

Comment

Working...
                                X