X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Sounds like battle lines are being drawn

Any other momentum for a PJ draft?
    No PJ for me, sorry. What happened to our Bowie discussion?
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
      I could probably do PJ although I haven't been keeping up with them that closely in the last decade or so.
      Their last two records are excellent rockers ... definitely worth checking out if you missed them

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        No PJ for me, sorry. What happened to our Bowie discussion?
        I'll do a Bowie draft ...

... and my Belle and Sebastian draft?

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
          So how does everyone feel about taking this to 20 rounds?
          I'm stopping after 15.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Drafts I would do, that come to mind right now:

PJ
            Led Zeppelin
            The Who/Pete Townshend
            The Rolling Stones
            The Beatles
            Pink Floyd
            Husker Du/Sugar/Bob Mould/Grant Hart
            Phish
            Wilco/Uncle Tupelo/Son Volt
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

So how does everyone feel about taking this to 20 rounds?
              I'm already starting to run out of songs, no way could I do 20.

Nice pick with "Love Is a Rose" - somehow it slipped through the cracks when I was amassing my mp3 collection so I had forgotten about it, but it's one of my favorites off Decade.

Comment

• Johnny, you're up.

Comment

• Absolutely love this tune ... if anyone ever heard Nick Cave's 1996 record "Murder Ballads" ... it sounds like the whole record was inspired by this song.

11.03 Running Dry Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere

"I'm sorry for the things I've done,
                  I've shamed myself with lies.
                  But soon these things are overcome,
                  and can't be recognised"

Comment

Drafts I would do, that come to mind right now:

PJ
                    Led Zeppelin
                    The Who/Pete Townshend
                    The Rolling Stones
                    The Beatles
                    Pink Floyd
                    Phish
                    We've already done Beatles, LZ and PF. There seems to be some interest in revisiting those but several of the past participants have said they're not interested. I'd be game but agree that it would be more fun to do a band we haven't already done. Phish but no Dead? I'd do either as well as Wilco or Stones, but my top choice would be Bowie. Not sure how much you've heard of him but given your other tastes I'm surprised you're not a big fan.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

• All but two songs from On the Beach have been picked, but not the single from it.

11.04 Walk On (On the Beach, 1974)

It's another dis of CSN, about eight years earlier than Thrasher. It was written in 1970 or 1971 and recorded at the same session as Winterlong. Then it sat for a few years before Neil decided to pull it out and make it the lead track to On the Beach.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        We've already done Beatles, LZ and PF. There seems to be some interest in revisiting those but several of the past participants have said they're not interested. I'd be game but agree that it would be more fun to do a band we haven't already done. Phish but no Dead? I'd do either as well as Wilco or Stones, but my top choice would be Bowie. Not sure how much you've heard of him but given your other tastes I'm surprised you're not a big fan.
                        I like Phish but not the Dead, I'm weird like that.

I don't own any Bowie but I like him a lot better than I used to. I'd fill out a Bowie draft if you needed people, but I wouldn't be able to contribute much insight.

Comment

Drafts I would do, that come to mind right now:

PJ
                          Led Zeppelin
                          The Who/Pete Townshend
                          The Rolling Stones
                          The Beatles
                          Pink Floyd
                          Phish
                          Apart from Pearl Jam, I wouldn't look forward to listening to any of those on repeat like I've done with Bob and Neil this last month. I'm kinda bored with all that 70's rock thing ... been there done that. Neil's different ... like Bob, he's one of a kind ... never gets old. Floyd never gets old either, but I'd be drafting from 4 records, and that won't get me far.

Beatles, Stones, Zep, Who ... 10 years ago I'd do it ... not really interested now. Great music, just feels dated (don't shoot me for saying that!)

Comment

11.04 Walk On (On the Beach, 1974)
                            ... I read somewhere that Walk On's was Neil's response to Lynard Skynard. Do you know if this is true?

My only pre-draft plan was to get Motion Pictures, Revolution Blues & Ambulance Blues ... 2 outta 3 aint bad.

Comment

• i'm stopping at 15 in this one. would love to do a late 80's-early 90's alternative rock/ grunge draft if somebody could figure out the parameters of such a thing.
                              ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobain's Ghost View Post
                                i'm stopping at 15 in this one. would love to do a late 80's-early 90's alternative rock/ grunge draft if somebody could figure out the parameters of such a thing.
                                Would we have to include Stone Temple Pilots and Bush?

Comment

Working...
                                X