Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
    Happy day, today.

Perhaps because I recently took her to see her "bucket list" artist, Paul McCartney, the wife has been busy setting up shows for us. She just got us some really good seats for Gov't Mule at the Majestic Theater in Dallas in September, and this morning scored amazing seats for Primus in Austin in October at Moody Theater. So, not technically exceelent music I've heard lately, but certainly some I hope to hear in the next couple of months.
    Primus sucks.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      Primus sucks.
      Didn't know you were a fan, Mith.

Here is my favorite Primus video:

If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• This girl has an incredible voice! And i like the music way better in this version.

Last edited by madducks; 05-10-2018, 01:14 AM. Reason: video removed from youtube
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Funny (strange) music video about a guy who gets dumped by his girlfriend for the basketball dunking gorilla. Great song and video although the video is NSFW.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
            Can't get this outta my head..

Nice! Cool vibe to it.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
              New rockabilly cat on the scene. Looking forward to seeing him at a big rockabilly show in Santa Ana tomorrow. Very throwback Jerry Lee Lewis-ish...

Very cool.

Comment

Didn't know you were a fan, Mith.

Here is my favorite Primus video:

Not a huge fan, more like I enjoy the "hits". Many Rush fans dig Primus.

Comment

• We'll be heading down to Austin to see Primus next weekend, at the place they film Austin City Limits. I'm pretty excited.
                  If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Just started listening to this guy. Not sure how somebody with a voice this good isn't more well known. Great music to relax to on the weekend.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Primus sucks.

Comment

Primus sucks.
                        Nice!
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Until recently i had only listened to Amy Winehouse's live performances where she was so drunk or high that i was not impressed at all with her work and had no interest in checking out her other songs. I recently decided to give her another chance after having this Grammy performance recommended to me where she appears to be sober or at least close to it and wow what a difference! What an amazing blend of jazz, soul, and R&B that Amy delivers in her inimatable 70's lounge singer style! You just have to search a little bit more to pick her good live performances out of all the bad ones. And the small amount of studio material that she produced is great!

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Really like this one from her Back to Black album which is now one of my favorites. It took me awhile to realize what a talented singer and songwriter she was. Better late than never i guess.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The girl had a great sense of humor too.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                Until recently i had only listened to Amy Winehouse's live performances where she was so drunk or high that i was not impressed at all with her work and had no interest in checking out her other songs. I recently decided to give her another chance after having this Grammy performance recommended to me where she appears to be sober or at least close to it and wow what a difference! What an amazing blend of jazz, soul, and R&B that Amy delivers in her inimatable 70's lounge singer style! You just have to search a little bit more to pick her good live performances out of all the bad ones. And the small amount of studio material that she produced is great!

That is by far my favorite song of hers. Such a great beat and her vocals are top-notch.

Comment

Working...
                                X