No announcement yet.

Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if you are looking for a new band that has a good 70s rock style then check out Giuda from Italy.

I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Another great TinyDesk mini gig ... bonus epic sax solo included for free.

Comment

• a solid bowie cover (and I dont even do drugs and still find this cool)

http://www.npr.org/event/music/47440...ntent=20160415

Comment

• Another good (acoustic) Bowie cover:
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
            a solid bowie cover (and I dont even do drugs and still find this cool)

http://www.npr.org/event/music/47440...ntent=20160415
            Nice cover by the Flaming Lips!
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• my Nephew...

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Prog rock!! The Yes album that draws the most criticism and divides the fans. I love it!

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    Prog rock!! The Yes album that draws the most criticism and divides the fans. I love it!

I'm actually on the fence about this. Ritual is one of their best tracks. The rest, I don't care for all that much (The Ancient is one of their worst tracks).
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                      I'm actually on the fence about this. Ritual is one of their best tracks. The rest, I don't care for all that much (The Ancient is one of their worst tracks).
                      Yes is performing Ritual and Revealing Science of God in concert this tour. I do like Revealing..
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Who's ready to get the funk out?

I have been taking this opportunity to watch Prince videos before they get taken down. His people have more important things to worry about right now. Lots of stuff i never heard before including this.

This must be the type of high energy performance people are referring to when they say Prince was the best they ever saw live. Sheila E almost steals the show by herself. And the horn section is great as well.

Maybe NSFW with an f bomb or two in here plus Sheila E's outfit.
                        edit: And a sexually graphic cartoon pic for just a second at the very beginning.

Last edited by madducks; 05-04-2016, 12:48 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• My new favorite version of this song:

Last edited by madducks; 05-15-2016, 06:30 PM. Reason: youtube deleted but found duplicate

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• New Santana album with the original lineup (or as many as they could get):

Comment

• Prince: Red House (Purple Version Hendrix Cover)

Can't stop watching this. The casual Prince fan has to be like WTF when they see him absolutely shred his guitar during the second half of this song.
                              Last edited by madducks; 05-15-2016, 06:56 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                                Reportedly, a new supergroup featuring members of Rage Against the Machine, Cypress Hill, and Public Enemy is being formed. I know that won't excite most folks around here but those are three of the very greatest. Can't wait to check it out, even if supergroups usually do tend to underwhelm.
                                Obviously you haven't heard this:

Comment

Working...
                                X