Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    The consensus top 2 records of 2015 were also 2 of my favourites: Sufjan Stevens and Kendrick Lamar.

... that hasn't happened in a few years. Lately I'm waiting on the end of year lists to play catch up.

#gettingold
    try this streaming channel for some new music and also solid top of 2015 lists

yes - minnesota is not known for being hip

http://www.thecurrent.org/

Comment

• Check out these guys ... especially the kid on lead acoustic. It's damn hard to play a steel string acoustic with that clarity ... especially the 3rd song.

Last edited by johnnya24; 12-23-2015, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• The wife bought me slick-looking new headphones to replace the old ones that I got at a yard sale and are held together by rubber bands. Problem is, the old ones are Bose, and these sound like crap by comparison (seriously - I am no audiophile - I'm as surprised as anyone that I can actually tell) . Maybe I could fake an electrical fire? I might have to burn myself to sell it, maybe sacrifice some hair above the ears.
        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
          The wife bought me slick-looking new headphones to replace the old ones that I got at a yard sale and are held together by rubber bands. Problem is, the old ones are Bose, and these sound like crap by comparison (seriously - I am no audiophile - I'm as surprised as anyone that I can actually tell) . Maybe I could fake an electrical fire? I might have to burn myself to sell it, maybe sacrifice some hair above the ears.
          Mess with the jack connector until it starts crackling

Comment

• Just came across this absolute gem from Neil Young:

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• My Xmas present to myself was Neil Young tickets for June.

Comment

• accapella metal

Comment

• japanese baby metal

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                    japanese baby metal

My girls love them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                      japanese baby metal

I LOVE this song!!!!!
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                        Check out these guys ... especially the kid on lead acoustic. It's damn hard to play a steel string acoustic with that clarity ... especially the 3rd song.

If you like that then check out Eric Bachmann (Archers of Loaf and Crooked Fingers) solo record. I can't believe this album came out 10 years ago.

I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                          If you like that then check out Eric Bachmann (Archers of Loaf and Crooked Fingers) solo record. I can't believe this album came out 10 years ago.

Nice. I have some Archers of Loaf stuff ... probably got it from here.

Comment

• One of my favorite Country songs:

Comment

• Another of my Country favorites:

"I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dudes eye!"

Comment

• Been listening to this playlist and nothing else for 3 or 4 days now ... love Bossa Nova. Lots of Stan Getz.

Comment

Working...
                                X