Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Everyone is saying "I Know What I Like" so here you go. Peter Gabriel in drag! And Phil Collins with a full head of hair! Holy crap i never knew what a freak Gabriel was lol!

Ethel!!!
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Have loved this song ever since i first heard it as a kid in my dad's car on the way to school one morning. Just found this extended live version. The song speeds up to it's more familiar tempo at about 4:20. I think the name is appropriate.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I like him better since he got blown up in that dang ol' Meglo Mart.

Comment

• One of my favorite vocal performances: Simply incredible.

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Based on a poem by Alfred Noyes.

Comment

• Man I missed the boat on this album. only took me 40 years to listen to it and LOVE it:

Comment

• I <3 Grace Potter so much

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                  I <3 Grace Potter so much
                  Went to see Gov't Mule in 2007 or 2008 at a small club in Little Rock. Grace Potter was opening. I had never heard of her, but was blown away and became a huge fan. One of my favorite videos is Grace, Satriani, et al doing "Cortez", even though she stuffs the lyrics.

Comment

• Best new punk song I've heard in a long time

♫Give me all your money and I'll make some origami honey♫

people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Also like this, great video to boot
                      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                        Also like this, great video to boot
                        I'm liking this. Will have to give his other songs a listen. You may also like the 2 songs from Nick Waterhouse that i posted on page 118.
                        Last edited by madducks; 04-30-2017, 07:43 AM. Reason: deleted posts screwing up page #s
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Also like this, great video to boot
                          Cool tune.

Comment

Best new punk song I've heard in a long time

♫Give me all your money and I'll make some origami honey♫

Good tune.

Comment

• I can't get over how great this band is. It's the Replacements meets Jawbreaker. In fact I saw them last night and they got drunk and decided to cover two Replacements songs and two Jawbreaker songs just because. It was amazing.

"Turn the amps up to 9, I don't want it too loud"

"Too fucked up to love, too soft to hate"
                              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• This year I learned that "More Than a Feeling" existed about five years before Boston recorded it. It was called "Tend My Garden" by the James Gang.

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X