Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neil Peart eat your heart out.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• here's some drumming I like

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Greg Saunier (Deerhoof) and Brian Chippendale (Lightning Bolt)

I saw Deerhoof about 2 months back ... pretty amazing.

Comment

• Lightning Bolt are great. ElD would like them.

Another good band with a great drummer. Euphone. More artsy and jazzy but still good.

I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Yeah I LOVE this song! Cool sax too...

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• The MUNSTERS THEME is sooooo fucking cool!!

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• That was a great Toto cover!

Mike Masse covers a ton of songs by different bands. And they all sound pretty damn good. Really like this one also:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  Holy cow, check out these random dudes busting out an acoustic version of Toto's Africa in a pizza joint in Utah:

Pretty good.

At my library we have local musicians (solo, band) play during the winter months and they are very good.

We've had: solo acoustic, solo piano, choral group, acapella group, jazz band (excellent!), solo voice, pop band.

And most of them are just as good as these guys

Comment

• I'm a big Lindsey Sterling fan:

Comment

• Samantha Fish as well:

Comment

• On Colbert last night, sound quality of the clip isn't that great.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I'd love to share some of my good friends who are making incredible music in Vancouver.

One of my favourite artists started with a band called Role Mach that I saw play about 50 times. Role Mach was mostly punk with some strong added Morricone flavours.... and it had a horn section (a rocking horn section)... really miss that band. Gal Gracen is his newest band, on it's 4th lineup now, and they're also incredible.

This is the song that my wife and I walked down the aisle to at our wedding (played live):

Some other good friends of mine. I got to love Ok Vancouver Ok, and see probably 30 times over the years. They've put out about 8 albums on vinyl now, and toured small venues, art spaces, etc, across North America and Europe several times. Hardcore DIY ethics, and great music to back up the ethos. They've got tons of good videos on youtube (rare for my friends).

Here's another amazing Vancouver local... Quinne Rogers used to play in a band called Myths that were like a loud, screamy, electronic nightmare with 2 girls. It was intense and incredible. Her new solo project is super quiet, spooky, and beautiful. I had her on the bill for my going away party with 10 bands, and she totally brought the house down to a crowd that had no idea who she was.

I'll try and share some more later.
                          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• The Fendertones are a Beach Boys cover band from eastern Pennsylvania. They often use up to a dozen singers to recreate the multi layered studio vocals of the Beach Boys. Given the superior recording technology now compared to 50 years ago, these guys just may sound better than the originals.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• These guys don't tour and they don't put out any CDs either. To my knowledge, Youtube is the only place to find their music. They have only done a few live charity concerts. Just a bunch of regular guys making some good music.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Another one from the charity concert:

Last edited by madducks; 10-31-2015, 08:46 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X