No announcement yet.

Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you liked the Narcos theme, this is the debut record of Rodrigo Amarante from last year ... interestingly enough, Wikipedia has his "choir" as containing Kristen Wiig and Devendra Banhart.

I've discovered so many of my favourite artists from TV shows.

Narcos Theme

Full record, "Carvalo" ... similar ambiance:

The last song, "Tardei" is especially good,

... and a few live songs:

Last edited by johnnya24; 09-06-2015, 07:38 AM.

Comment

• This one is for eldiablo. He probably already likes them but just in case...

I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
        Hell yeah, The Sword rules. I was just rocking another one of their albums in my car last week.

I also have a very high opinion of Titus Andronicus, a band that's kind of new to me. Thanks for posting that earlier in this thread. And of course, let's give Fugazi some love (and to Johnny for posting it). Fugazi's one of the greatest of all time.
        Glad you like the Titus Andronicus. I thought you might. That album I posted is all over the place musically but all of it is pretty intense. Of course Fugazi are great (I always liked Minor Threat better...). I will need to listen to more Sword, I like that album that I posted.
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          If you liked the Narcos theme, this is the debut record of Rodrigo Amarante from last year ... interestingly enough, Wikipedia has his "choir" as containing Kristen Wiig and Devendra Banhart.

I've discovered so many of my favourite artists from TV shows.
          Here's another that was featured on Narcos.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Nice cover of a great 70's song.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Nice cover of a great 70's song.

Great 70's song? "Brandy" is one of the worst songs ever recorded. It is pure dreck.
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  Great 70's song? "Brandy" is one of the worst songs ever recorded. It is pure dreck.
                  It was a #1 song in 1972. Your opinion of music would be taken more seriously if you hadn't just posted #1190.
                  Last edited by madducks; 04-30-2017, 06:53 AM.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    It was a #1 song in 1972. Your opinion of music would be taken more seriously if you hadn't just posted #1312.
                    Whippin nay nays not your style?

Take a look at the songs that have hit number one. Lots of crap on that list.

Popular does not equal good in many cases.
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                      Awesome song. NSFW video of said awesome song. Awesome video.

Fresno Bob approves
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• In the RJPFP thread I brought up Ambrosia since Revo's team name is Yacht Rockers. While they are famous for their yacht-rock hits, they are actually much more interesting than that. These two songs are most impressive:

No. 1:

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• No. 2:

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                            You don't actually like these shit songs that you post, do you?

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                              You don't actually like these shit songs that you post, do you?
                              This song, not really. But the stuff I find catchy, you guys hate. You know I am much more liberal in my musical tastes than all of you.

Comment

• Incomplete song but ........... South America's got talent too!

Jhonka Monroy: " I added the background music. I'm a musician from Colombia. It's really amazing the fact this guy is in perfect tune without a reference. This is an artist."

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X