No announcement yet.

Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would never have heard of Gwar if it wasn't for Beavis and Butthead.

Comment

• I've been to two GWAR shows and they were easily the most fun I've ever had at a concert - doesn't get much better than punky thrash played by guys in ridiculous costumes while you're being pummeled by fake blood.

Comment

• Now, onto some new music I've been digging lately. These guys apparently changed their name recently, but whatever they're called they play a fun brand of psychedelic/surf inspired jangle rock:

Comment

• i had seen GWAR in socal when i was in grad school.

when we first moved to albuquerque, they came to town and played in the old Sunshine Theatre (pre-fire) - must have been 1995 or so.

my wife had no idea what they were, but i convinced her (with vague descriptions about performance art) to go with me. i had her go buy the tickets at a Ticket Master outlet. at the time, she was working at a place that required business-suit-type attire. she called me from Ticket Master. conversation went something like this:
          her - "what the fuck is GWAR really?"
          me - "why?"
          her - "because the kid at the ticket counter just looked at me and said: 'are you sure you want tickets to this concert? do you know what GWAR is?'"
          me - "well, yeah, but they're really good."
          her - "you owe me."

yep...
          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Killer version of 'All Along the Watchtower'.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Wow, DMT....I thought I'd be the only one familiar with Affinity. That's like seriously old stuff!
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                Wow, DMT....I thought I'd be the only one familiar with Affinity. That's like seriously old stuff!
                I'd never heard of them but I found a rare vinyl copy today while poking around.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Epic tune from Gary Moore:

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• repetitious club music + little jon? I'm in!

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      repetitious club music + little jon? I'm in!

That's the maddest music video I've seen in a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                        That's the maddest music video I've seen in a long time.
                        yeah, I hope that guy was using a cup for most of it.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Greatest rock and roll song ever played by the master:

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Saw The Handsome Family this evening ... terrific. Looked like a sell out at a decent sized venue. Criminally short set (10 tracks maybe) for such a large crowd and having traveled so far (Albuquerque, NM). Had this song on my regular play for the umpteen months:

... FYI the theme song for "True Detective" was a Handsome Family song.

Comment

• Heard this on my community radio station today, thank you KXCI & Soundhound!

- Terence McKenna

Comment

• Denver's own Andy Sydow...

He just played my daughter's college graduation party. You should have heard his Cortez The Killer...
                                "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                                "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                                "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Working...
                                X