X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a favorite music Meme of mine:

Make Your Own Album Cover Meme

1 – Go to “wikipedia.” Hit “random”
    The first random wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.

2 – Go to “Random quotations”
    The last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.

3 – Go to flickr and click on “explore the last seven days”
    Third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.

4 – Use photoshop or similar to put it all together.

5 – Post it with this text in the “caption” and TAG the friends you want to join.
    Some Results from Google Images

Comment

• Nice of them to use Led Zeppelin for their example, but "Thank You" was off II which came out in 1969

Comment

• Sabbath.

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
          Goodnight Loving:

Enjoyable. Sounds like 60's pop.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
            Post-Minutemen but still awesome as ever Mike Watt.

Here's some fIREHOSE from back in 1986. Don't worry, ladies, it's not mega metal:

Ok song. Just curious ElD, do you like any pop music?

Comment

• Dig the squealing guitar.

Comment

• I present you with the worst lyrics in the entire history or rock and roll music ... Live : Shit Towne. One of those bands you can listen to and sing along with, without ever listening to the lyrics ... but when you do ... uggghh. So bad they are almost good.

Comment

• I do not know much about this guy. I just heard him on a sirus comedy station last night. I decided to look him up and share this very nice and serious guitar version of Bohemian Rhapsody. I hope you enjoy it.

Comment

• Mogwai is still pure sonic bliss....I'd love to see these guys live in an outdoor venue...

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• i dig the happy vibe

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                        i dig the happy vibe

I really liked their first album, they had more of a rock edge to them. This sounds more like an 80s synthpop band, it's not bad, I just liked them better with more of a guitar based sound.
                        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Shoegazers of the world unite

My Bloody Valentine - first new record since Loveless in 1991

There is a White House petition

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                            I really liked their first album, they had more of a rock edge to them. This sounds more like an 80s synthpop band, it's not bad, I just liked them better with more of a guitar based sound.
                            80s synthpop is a weakness of mine - to much time dancing in art school in the early 80s - but I hate crappy 80s music

Huey Lewis - Tommy Tutone - Loverboy - ALL garbage
                            Heaven 17 - New Order - ABC - Pet Shop Boys - Haircut 100 (OK maybe that is pushing it) - ALL fun

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                              Jesus, dude. Pet Shop Boys good but Huey Lewis bad? I think I just threw up in my mouth.

Although, truth be told, my junior high girlfriends would certainly agree with you.
                              I just hate Huey Lewis

I listen to KBAC streaming during the day while working but today KCRW -
                              I forgot how much I like KD Lang

Comment

• Hey guys, I work for a community television station and one of the best parts of my job is getting to shoot the cultural arts series in the National Park near us. There is a ton of talent that nobody even knows about and the purpose of the show is to give some exposure to these artists playing cultural music and singer/songwriters who get little or no airplay. Mostly blues, bluegrass, irish and old folkies. Give it a look and you might find something you like. Pretty clunky site, sorry. The service automatically transcodes all our shows for us and we have to use their thumbprint. Quality isnt the best (trying to improve the audio) but you might get turned on to something new.
                                The link takes you to the main page, click on the folder dropdown at the top left and choose MUSIC PRESERVE. Theres a couple of pages of shows. Just click on the blue line under the video to FF or RW. Harry Manx is especially good. He plays a 20 string Mohan Veena and fuses Indian with Blues. Also does some cool covers: Hendrix on a banjo, Springsteen on a homemade cigar box banjo. Patty Larkin is an old folkie doing some interesting looping and guitar stuff, The Infamous Stringdusters are friggin killer bluegrass, The McDades are incredible musicians fusing Jazz and Irish and Dala harmonize like angels, Give it a try and let me know what you think.

The KD Lang think made me think of this cause Dala does a pretty interesting version of Ohio but it didnt make my show you can YouTube it.

Comment

Working...
                                X