No announcement yet.

Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gary Jules version is good but I actually like the original better. The Somewhere over the Rainbow is quite pretty

This was from a Cole Porter Tribute album in the mid 80s - this is one of my fave tracks

Comment

• A ton of emotion in this album and this cover in particular

Comment

• Comment

• I always found this (criminal) cover quite funny. They interpreted a song about heroin addiction as a song about a relationship breakup and consolation fcking. It's absurd seeing them smiling and trying to look sexy while singing about a junky under a bridge.

Comment

• This is hilarious and incredibly sad. The title says it all ... beware all ye who enter.

Comment

• Love the Donna's!. KISS meets the Ramones...

I really dig the guitar solo in this song:

Last edited by Mithrandir; 01-15-2013, 03:09 PM.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• One day late (cover song)

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  One day late (cover song)

Donna A (The lead singer) is the daughter of an old boss of mine, Laurie Anderson is her aunt, and yea, as a 7th grader, her two favorite bands were The Ramones and Goblin (the band that does the Argento soundtracks)

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    Jesus christ, Johnny. Those are two of the worst covers I've ever had the misfortune to listen to in my entire life. Makes Shatner look like a freakin' superstar.
                    I have a few others, but I thought that was enough punishment

Comment

• Goodnight Loving:

Comment

• Classic Genesis..live

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                          Goodnight Loving:

Good stuff.
                          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            Post-Minutemen but still awesome as ever Mike Watt.

Here's some fIREHOSE from back in 1986. Don't worry, ladies, it's not mega metal:

Back when I was growing up my brother and I would be at a museum or where ever and there would be a little door on the wall that said "Fire Hose Inside" we would open them up and pretend that Mike, George and Ed would be in there playing. I guess this was before fire extinguishers where put in everywhere.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• I cant embed the video but NPR music has some gems.

I like the vibe these guys create - Poolside

This L.A. disco duo is aptly named, and was a favorite of KCRW throughout 2012. Listen to Filip Nikolic and Jeffrey Paradise perform "Take Me Home," with help from members of Brazil's Bonde do Rolê.

Comment

• A friend described this as a heavy metal, prog rock version of Belly and I'd say that is spot on.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                                X