Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
    I think there is something really wrong with music today when guys in their 50s rock harder than any of the new contemporary "indie rock" bands out there today. Granted they are playing songs written 10-15 years ago but they are still out there rocking harder than the likes of Bon Iver, Wilco, Arcade Fire, Sufjan Stevens, Beach House etc. New music just lacks any punch.

I've been saying that for years on this board.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      I've been saying that for years on this board.
      Oh yeah? Well, I've been saying that for longer. Just kidding, I'm at a loss since we agree on something.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Classic stuff!!! Winwood with some nasty guitar work...

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• As most know, I like a lot of the indie music (even the whiny, punchless kind)

My wife and kids have happily been listening to Fun. a lot in the car lately. I too have grown to like their sound but it sounds so familiar and I finally figured it out

Fun.

Comment

• Fun. - if they had a charismatic lead singer and a richer sound

Comment

• My niece likes Fun and some early Killers stuff ... seems like good transition music.

Indie though? Wiki says "alternative". These words have clearly lost their meaning a bit

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                Fun. - if they had a charismatic lead singer and a richer sound
                The new Muse song is very Queen ... channeled through some Dubstep

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                  Indie though? Wiki says "alternative". These words have clearly lost their meaning a bit
                  agreed - there seems to be a need for an early adopter category in music

Bands that are played in "indie" or "alternative" stations/circles then become top 40.

I would still rather have middle school kids hear Fun. Vampire Weekend, MGMT, Death Cab for Cutie on "their" radio stations than Carly Rae Jepsen.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                    agreed - there seems to be a need for an early adopter category in music

Bands that are played in "indie" or "alternative" stations/circles then become top 40.

I would still rather have middle school kids hear Fun. Vampire Weekend, MGMT, Death Cab for Cutie on "their" radio stations than Carly Rae Jepsen.
                    "Call me Maybe" is soooo damn catchy.. I love it! (Surprise)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                      "Call me Maybe" is soooo damn catchy.. I love it! (Surprise)
                      catchy turned dark and creepy - more my speed

Comment

• More great stuff from Winwood, et al..

Comment

• Love this version!!

Comment

• This is pretty sick ...

Comment

• Just wanted to say that Ritchie Blackmore is phenomenal. What a great tone he has and he just looks so damn cool playing those amazing riffs.

Comment

• Somehow I'm just hearing these.

(The opening riff from 'Groove Is in the Heart' sounds like it came from this)
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X