X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Here's one for Mith ...

Not bad, but I prefer the original. Excellent tune:

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• The Strokes - Taken For a Fool

"... on the toxic radio"

Comment

• Sh!t ain't like that!

Ernie C is a top notch guitarist. Dude can play!

Last edited by Mithrandir; 07-01-2012, 07:55 PM.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Been listening to that internet radio station Bucky listed every day. Found some gems ... bands I'd never even heard off ... or if I have they never registered:

Comment

• I'd never heard of Elbow, but I like this track

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Elbow have been around for about 10 years, but I only really started getting into them this last 6 months. If they were from America I probably would have listened to them earlier ... local indie was really boring me ... Elbow are more alt-prog than UK-indie I suppose you could say. The Seldom Seen Kid is an exceelent record. I listened to one song - "The Bones Of You" - on repeat until I couldn't stand it anymore. Haven't got around to any of their other records yet.

I might have posted this before ... great with the bass turned up FULL ... although the YouTube audio quality might not convey that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                I'd never heard of Elbow, but I like this track
                what he said.
                ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

• My new theme song

Comment

• ElD has been holding out - I just found a great radio station streaming from Santa Fe. It has local commercials and live DJs too (it feels non-programmed)

http://www.santafe.com/kbac/recent

KBAC 98.1 - a little more on the singer songwriter side than the edgy side

last few songs
                    Dirty Paws - Of Monsters And Men
                    Rainy Day, Dream Away - Jimi Hendrix
                    All Fall Down - Shawn Colvin
                    LOVE MY WAY - Psychedelic Furs
                    Forget The Song - Beachwood Sparks
                    Learn How To Love - Tedeschi Trucks Band
                    High Blood Pressure - Jerry Douglas/Keb'mo
                    Aganju - Bebel Gilberto
                    Caught By The Light - Boxer Rebellion

Comment

• Just got a bunch of CDs from a group called Abafana Baseqhudeni from ZA, great stuff. I discovered them in a discount bin at a record store in a mall in Pretoria and have never been able to find their stuff anywhere in the States. I'm planning to post some of the songs to Youtube since I just figured out how to do that. Here's the first, enjoy.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Here's another great one, and how about that album cover! (I bought the CD solely because of the cover.)

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          Here's another great one, and how about that album cover! (I bought the CD solely because of the cover.)
                          I used the same approach with a Katy Perry CD ... didn't work out so well.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                            I used the same approach with a Katy Perry CD ... didn't work out so well.
                            Why not?

Katy's got some very cool tunes.

Comment

• I just heard a cut by Of Monsters and Men - great stuff

Here is a link with some solid live performances

http://kexp.org/live/liveperformance.aspx?rId=33743

Katy Perry tunes - not sure if they are cool - but they are insanely CATCHY (just make sure the stuff is well processed - she can't really sing)

Comment

• C'mon folks, Katy Perry is awful.
                                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                                X