Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    That's one I'll drive to Phoenix for, thanks for posting.
    No problem. I'm pretty excited for this. I'm also very excited that there might be a vinyl release of the album. I think I might be the only one here that actually listens to vinyl but that is something that is way over due.
    Last edited by BuckyBuckner; 06-25-2012, 12:09 PM.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• And now for something completely different. For those that like their rock to be heavy, I give you Torche.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
        No problem. I'm pretty excited for this. I'm all very excited that there might be a vinyl release of the album. I think I might be the only one here that actually listens to vinyl but that is something that is way over due.
        I have a couple hundred LPs I've picked up (mostly second-hand) and still listen to.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I have a couple hundred LPs I've picked up (mostly second-hand) and still listen to.
          Good to hear. Vinyl sounds so much better.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
            Good to hear. Vinyl sounds so much better.
            I agree for most things...I just can't convince my wife (err, justify) that building my collection is worth taking up all that space.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I agree for most things...I just can't convince my wife (err, justify) that building my collection is worth taking up all that space.
              They do take up a lot of space. They are like my little babies, I could never get rid of them. Though when I move, whenever that is, it will really suck. I probably have about 1,500.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Not the greatest quality ... the bass isn't very rich. Is 2000 old school?

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                  Now that I have satellite radio again I'm exposed to some catchy tunes that will either be big hits soon or tragically wallow in obscurity. Here's one I've been digging:

wow - this is catchy

I will let you know after I listen to it a few thousand times - I dig this a lot - not as catchy as "You get what you want" but ...

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                    wow - this is catchy

I will let you know after I listen to it a few thousand times - I dig this a lot - not as catchy as "You get what you want" but ...
                    I've probably heard it a couple dozen times and I still get excited when it comes on the radio. It's not exactly an epic masterpiece, but I see it having more lasting power than something like "Pumped Up Kicks".

Comment

• radioxy.com streaming - just found it and it is moving along a happy beat

recent songs
                      Played @ Song Title
                      08:08:35 Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Maniac Current Song
                      08:04:51 Wilco - Born Alone
                      08:01:19 Front Bottoms The - Maps
                      07:59:01 Tmbg - Cant Keep Johnny Down
                      07:52:05 New Order - Temptation
                      07:50:12 Tyde The - County Line
                      07:45:42 Streets The - What Is He Thinking
                      07:42:07 Ash - No Place To Hide
                      07:38:31 Belle And Sebastian - Theres Too Much Love (live At Queens University Belfast21 Dec2001)
                      07:36:02 Nofx - Mattersville

Comment

radioxy.com streaming - just found it and it is moving along a happy beat
                        Nice ...

Edit: but I think it's on a random loop ... that's the third time I've heard Taken For a Fool by The Strokes ... not that I'm complaining.

RE-Edit: http://radioxy.com/playlist.html
                        Last edited by johnnya24; 06-28-2012, 11:49 AM.

Comment

radioxy.com streaming - just found it and it is moving along a happy beat
                          Just heard this from a band I'd heard of, but knew nothing about ... apparently been around for 25 years :shruggs:

I'm guess fans of more classic rock stuff like Rush will really dig this.

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                          07:38:31 Belle And Sebastian - Theres Too Much Love (live At Queens University Belfast21 Dec2001)
                          My old Uni ... good times.

Catchy little tune from a couple of years back ... didn't know the band name until now.
                          Last edited by johnnya24; 06-27-2012, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                            I've probably heard it a couple dozen times and I still get excited when it comes on the radio. It's not exactly an epic masterpiece, but I see it having more lasting power than something like "Pumped Up Kicks".
                            I've heard "Pumped Up Kicks" numerous times this past week and i listen to the radio very little. So i doubt this song will have the staying power of the cool tune that is "Pumped Up Kicks".
                            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                              I've heard "Pumped Up Kicks" numerous times this past week and i listen to the radio very little. So i doubt this song will have the staying power of the cool tune that is "Pumped Up Kicks".
                              I thought that statement might get misconstrued - what I meant was staying power in my own taste. I liked "Pumped Up Kicks" at first, but after a dozen or so listens it got to be annoying due to its repetitive nature. I'm not sure "Come Home" will ever make it to terrestrial radio, but to me it will remain one of my favorite new songs for a decent amount of time.

Luckily LA's radio stations finally stopped overplaying that song. Satellite radio played the hell out of it before it made it to any terrestrial radio stations and then once they got a hold of it they played the hell out of it too. Would you believe that song debuted a full 2 years ago?

Comment

• Here's one for Mith ...

Comment

Working...
                                X